Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

Nofats did anyone ever nip up to that cafe at Firvale where they had a Jukebox I know it was out of bounds but so was Wincobank Hill. I remember going and I was not alone.Sixpence a record so it was quite expensive. First time I heard Elvis singing Wooden Heart, Ricky Nelson was another favourite and of course good old Cliff with Move it. Don`t remember seeing Mr Glasby there.

..........................Elvis forever...............CB

Hi crusty bread, no I never, never, did anything untoward like that I was very good!

What was that you said Nofats? Wash your mouth out!!!!!

Little Miss Perfect!!

The one by the tram stop ? you had to be quite naughty to go in there ! I remember going in there once or twice. Did a mean hot dog ! but as you say a tad expensive. Must have been a bit later than me, I remember the juke box costing 3d., one of the brass things with lots of corners - recall jamming it up with one of those red plastic tram tokens. Favourite record Fats Domino - not Blueberry Hill "Yes it's me and I'm in love again" or words to that effect, was the first line.

I also know what went on up Winkobank Hill. You dirty bird !

Hi, is your alias anything to do with the 'cafe' on Union Street,in years gone by?

Don't think so NOfats'!

The El Mambo is mentioned in another thread "Coffee Bars of the 60's" on page 2. Apparently it was a coffee bar on Norfolk Street.

The El Mambo is mentioned in another thread "Coffee Bars of the 60's" on page 2. Apparently it was a coffee bar on Norfolk Street.

Yep I used to go there

Hi, is your alias anything to do with the 'cafe' on Union Street,in years gone by?

Alas my misspent youth is uncovered ! I was indeed a habituee of the famous El Mambo from app '57 onwards I would guess. Did you perchance do the circuit - Minerva - Nelson - Barleycorn - Mambo. Our paths must have crossed sometime in the dim and distant past. I'll not say any more about the Mambo, some one mentioned there is another thread and I'm going to post on it when I get time.

By the way the coffee bar at Frivale was called Tony's

By the way the coffee bar at Frivale was called Tony's

Now you've mentioned the name Tony's, I do remember the cafe.