Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

Hi,pd,when I started my first year in 1954, I was in the room at the bottom of 'pops' stairs and it was Mr Moss with a beard etc.I believe Mr Harrison was is in the next room and that bloody Mrs Fairest was in the 'huts',Mr Glasby was in the room at the top of the opposite stairs that went down to Dolly Hardwicks lab.I recall one friend that went up to Pops for a telling off,she came down with one of his thistles stuck to her back.

Hi Nofats, hope you're all OK. I guess you didn't like Mrs. Fairest. If I remember right we used to call her Ma Fairest! You're right about the music room too I used to love Music lessons.:P

Hi everybody I started Owler lane in 1954 Miss Wade was teacher and we were in Form 13. It was room 2 on the right just as you walked into the hall from Pop Gregory`s corner. Then later that year we moved into the prefab with Mr Moss( with the beard). My friend Terry had a tendancy to pass out in assembly so we often spent time in the cloakroom while he came round. Anyone remember Tony Curtis, Roy Hattersley, Eric Aston, Tony Oldale etc

Hi crusty bread,I remember Tony Curtis very well he lived on James St,and Roy Hattersley too we used to meet up around the Poole Rd area weekends etc,I Know that Tony has been dead sometime now and I believe Roy has also passed away,(if not I'm sure I'll soon be corrected), I remember Miss Wade very nice.

Hi, my sister started in '54 so would be in the same year as you. I remember Miss Wade, thought she was OK. Don't seem to recall the names you mention, but as you were 2 years below, perhaps that's understandable! though Roy Hattersley rings a bell!
Roy Hattersley was the brother of Christine in your year.sx he didnt ring a bell tho it was Mick Jones!

:

Roy Hattersley was the brother of Christine in your year.sx he didnt ring a bell tho it was Mick Jones!

:D:D:D:D

Hi crusty bread,I remember Tony Curtis very well he lived on James St,and Roy Hattersley too we used to meet up around the Poole Rd area weekends etc,I Know that Tony has been dead sometime now and I believe Roy has also passed away,(if not I'm sure I'll soon be corrected), I remember Miss Wade very nice.

Hello Nofats, Well I am really sorry to hear of the deaths of Tony and Roy, I remember Tony went out with a very attractive girl at school called Linda MaCartin who died while a pupil at Owler Lane. All the school was in mourning I think she had leukemia.Roy was a real character used to have us in stitches with some of the things he dared to do but of course often in trouble.

Hi,pd,when I started my first year in 1954, I was in the room at the bottom of 'pops' stairs and it was Mr Moss with a beard etc.I believe Mr Harrison was is in the next room and that bloody Mrs Fairest was in the 'huts',Mr Glasby was in the room at the top of the opposite stairs that went down to Dolly Hardwicks lab.I recall one friend that went up to Pops for a telling off,she came down with one of his thistles stuck to her back.

Hi Nofats, 1st French lesson with Mr Moss (beardy) I remember clearly we learned "ouvre la port,ferme la port".....fantastic.

Mr Glasby`s record player and how he changed the needle after every play he`d be in heaven listening to them while we were bored to tears.The four busts of classical composers in the window, can you name them?(I can`t).

Another old school friend, Ian Lodge who I was in contact with for a year or two, but he was very ill and sadly died in 2005.

Yes, I remember and used to see Christine quite a lot in town when I worked at the Uni. She works in the Montgomery Hall building for Sunday School Union. Spoke to her there last year. I think they lived on Cravens Road, as did Dorothy Ellis.

Hello Nofats, Well I am really sorry to hear of the deaths of Tony and Roy, I remember Tony went out with a very attractive girl at school called Linda MaCartin who died while a pupil at Owler Lane. All the school was in mourning I think she had leukemia.Roy was a real character used to have us in stitches with some of the things he dared to do but of course often in trouble.

Hi crustybread,I always think of lurpak when I read that!yes very sad about Tony he was in hie thirties I think when he died, I do recall Linda also.As I said earlier I was in Mr Moss's class but for some reason my 1st yr photo has Mr Harrison on.Your French is quite good! Some of the antics Roy got upto are quite memorable!Can you recall some of the names on your 1st year photo? I was in Glasby's class in my 2nd yr, when he used to play Findels cave he used to roar ,'can you hear the water(sea) just rushing in, can you?' I once took a Paul Robeson record he thought it was Xmas.

Hi Nofats, 1st French lesson with Mr Moss (beardy) I remember clearly we learned "ouvre la port,ferme la port".....fantastic.

Mr Glasby`s record player and how he changed the needle after every play he`d be in heaven listening to them while we were bored to tears.The four busts of classical composers in the window, can you name them?(I can`t).

Another old school friend, Ian Lodge who I was in contact with for a year or two, but he was very ill and sadly died in 2005.

Hi CB,I don't remember the names of the 4 busts on Glasby's windowsill, but I did hear some years later that they had been flushed down the toilet causing a blockage!!

Hi crustybread,I always think of lurpak when I read that!yes very sad about Tony he was in hie thirties I think when he died, I do recall Linda also.As I said earlier I was in Mr Moss's class but for some reason my 1st yr photo has Mr Harrison on.Your French is quite good! Some of the antics Roy got upto are quite memorable!Can you recall some of the names on your 1st year photo? I was in Glasby's class in my 2nd yr, when he used to play Findels cave he used to roar ,'can you hear the water(sea) just rushing in, can you?' I once took a Paul Robeson record he thought it was Xmas.

Hi Nofats I often think I can hear the sea these days, though that was a sad end for those 4 busts but probably the best place for them.

Sounds like Lurpak`s just a memory now.

some of the boys names on the 1st year photo with form 13

Mr Moss were;

Eric Aston Roy H. Tony C. Michael Hall Tony Oldam Tony Marshall Terry Hearnshaw Terry Cupitt Tony Oldale Grayhurst Bramhall Barry Middleton Mettam David PickersgillAlan Pilkington

Kieth Allen

Hi CB,I don't remember the names of the 4 busts on Glasby's windowsill, but I did hear some years later that they had been flushed down the toilet causing a blockage!!

Don't quite remember the busts on Glasby's window sill but guess they must have been some of the composers, eg Beethoven, etc. wow, what a memory! Wonder who flushed them, not you I hope?!

Hi Nofats, After a night's sleep I do recall them, but can't think that they were very exciting objects!