Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

I remember some of the guys in my form. Alan Denial,Jimmy Ross, Syd Stevenson,Alan Croker,to name a few.

Mr Harrison was my first year form master, but we were in the huts. A couple of the names are familiar, I reckon you were one or two years ahead of me.

My first form room was room #1 with Mr Harrison. If I remember correctly I think it was at the bottom of the stairs which led up to 'Pop' Gregory's office. In the 'huts' I think we had Art in one classroom with Mrs Fairhurst.

Hi, you were right in thinking Room No.1 was at the bottom of the stairs from Pop Gregory's office. Mrs. Fairest taught History and was in one of the rooms off the hall. I think it was Miss Steward that taught art - I could be wrong. You must have been in the same year as me.

Come on you Owler Lane Scholars. You cannot all have emmigrated. I Have met up with Parsley Diva and between us we have 6 photos of various classes for the years 1952/57. It was 50 years to the week since we last saw each other i.e the week we left school.We spent a pleasant time over coffee comparing notes and remembering the scrapes we got into. So come on stop hiding and make yourselves known we promise not to bring out the cane.Hope to hear from some of you soon. Christina Stevenson as was

Hi, you were right in thinking Room No.1 was at the bottom of the stairs from Pop Gregory's office. Mrs. Fairest taught History and was in one of the rooms off the hall. I think it was Miss Steward that taught art - I could be wrong. You must have been in the same year as me.

Hi Parsleydiva,

Were you the advance scout ,for your clan moving into the area later.

We had a Pop Gregory at CTS 10 years later.

Thank you for stirring my grey matter. I remember now and you are quite right Miss steward (or Stewart) taught art in the huts. A portly lady if I remember correctly.

Hi,pd,when I started my first year in 1954, I was in the room at the bottom of 'pops' stairs and it was Mr Moss with a beard etc.I believe Mr Harrison was is in the next room and that bloody Mrs Fairest was in the 'huts',Mr Glasby was in the room at the top of the opposite stairs that went down to Dolly Hardwicks lab.I recall one friend that went up to Pops for a telling off,she came down with one of his thistles stuck to her back.

Hi Parsleydiva,

Were you the advance scout ,for your clan moving into the area later.

We had a Pop Gregory at CTS 10 years later.

Hi DavidRa; No, I wasn't an advance scout! I take it by CTS you mean Central Tech School? Don't know whether the Pop Gregory's are one and the same. Don't know what happened to him after I left Owler Lane - know he married Dolly Hardwick! See you live in Dronfield - so do I.

Hi everybody I started Owler lane in 1954 Miss Wade was teacher and we were in Form 13. It was room 2 on the right just as you walked into the hall from Pop Gregory`s corner. Then later that year we moved into the prefab with Mr Moss( with the beard). My friend Terry had a tendancy to pass out in assembly so we often spent time in the cloakroom while he came round. Anyone remember Tony Curtis, Roy Hattersley, Eric Aston, Tony Oldale etc

Hi everybody I started Owler lane in 1954 Miss Wade was teacher and we were in Form 13. It was room 2 on the right just as you walked into the hall from Pop Gregory`s corner. Then later that year we moved into the prefab with Mr Moss( with the beard). My friend Terry had a tendancy to pass out in assembly so we often spent time in the cloakroom while he came round. Anyone remember Tony Curtis, Roy Hattersley, Eric Aston, Tony Oldale etc

Hi, my sister started in '54 so would be in the same year as you. I remember Miss Wade, thought she was OK. Don't seem to recall the names you mention, but as you were 2 years below, perhaps that's understandable! though Roy Hattersley rings a bell!

Lots of pretty girls in our form, got a kiss one Christmas from one I really liked but only after standing in a queue behind a dozen other lads.

We used to travel a long way to school in those days half hour bus ride into town from Woodhouse then 20 mins on tram from front of C&A to Firvale then run all way down the back streets and get to desk before the bell went. Poor little souls would have a fit these days.

Does anyone remember Mick Jones who used to ring the school bell he came from Woodhouse, I think he also did the names for the Swimming Baths as well.

Lots of pretty girls in our form, got a kiss one Christmas from one I really liked but only after standing in a queue behind a dozen other lads.

We used to travel a long way to school in those days half hour bus ride into town from Woodhouse then 20 mins on tram from front of C&A to Firvale then run all way down the back streets and get to desk before the bell went. Poor little souls would have a fit these days.

Does anyone remember Mick Jones who used to ring the school bell he came from Woodhouse, I think he also did the names for the Swimming Baths as well.

We travelled from Darnall so not so far away from you! luckily we got trams straight through without having to go into town. Remember Upwell Street Bridge getting flooded though and having to get off and walk through?

We travelled from Darnall so not so far away from you! luckily we got trams straight through without having to go into town. Remember Upwell Street Bridge getting flooded though and having to get off and walk through?

Yes I do remember the bridge many a time we had to get off and walk the rest of the way to school. I Lived off Shirland Lane and caught the tram on Attercliffe road if I was lucky. most times it was full from Handsworth or Darnall. more often than not walked to the end of Newhall road and caught a bus. gettng off at Page Hall