Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

Mrs. Fairest was my form teacher in 2nd yr I think. What about Mr. Moss (French master) there were two of them both teaching French.

Mr Moss was my 1st year tutor and very nice too, Mr Hook I think taught french also.

Thanks for the name of Mr Moss french teacher he was the one with the holes in his shoes

I started there there '53. I went past the site a couple of weeks ago, the fine old stone buildings have gone, to be replaced with what looks like a large Pizza Hut - how do they get away with it ?

My first teacher was Mr. Harrison ( this was in the prefabs ), not a bad sort but a ferocious "caner". I once saw him throw a cig into the waste bin and to his embarrassment the whole lot went up in flames.

Mr. Lupton was our P.E., teacher, he was at least 7 feet tall and had little time for whingers. He once made us play football ( we used the redcaps field ), in thick snow - we all ended-up partly snowblind.

Miss Unwin, wasn't she the secrertary ? Could be wrong.

Mr. Helliwell took us for maths, surely the most boring teacher ever, although I met him a few years after and he seemed a really nice chap. Once when somebody flicked a paper pellet and bobody would admit to it He caned half the class - literally.

Mr. Glasby for music, I can still remember some of the things he taught us about music, but he had a short and fierce temper.

Mr. Hook, short and dark, fancied himself as a bit of a character, Mr. Board, the two Mr Moss's for french - one of them affected a small beard and a beret very continental.

Lots more, all presided over by "Pop" Gregory; a rather eccentric man, but a genuine teacher. Never knew him use the cane either, but he could reduce one to tears with one of his rollickings.

Do you remember Dolly Hymans tuck shop or the "hill" ?

Did Ben Lowe(music) come after 57.

When I was there (60-63)the school secretary was Miss Ann Crowe.

Yes I believe your'e right

Miss Unwin taught English Lit, and Anne Crow was the secretary after having been a pupil there.

I started there there '53. I went past the site a couple of weeks ago, the fine old stone buildings have gone, to be replaced with what looks like a large Pizza Hut - how do they get away with it ?

My first teacher was Mr. Harrison ( this was in the prefabs ), not a bad sort but a ferocious "caner". I once saw him throw a cig into the waste bin and to his embarrassment the whole lot went up in flames.

Mr. Lupton was our P.E., teacher, he was at least 7 feet tall and had little time for whingers. He once made us play football ( we used the redcaps field ), in thick snow - we all ended-up partly snowblind.

Mr. Helliwell took us for maths, surely the most boring teacher ever, although I met him a few years after and he seemed a really nice chap. Once when somebody flicked a paper pellet and bobody would admit to it He caned half the class - literally.

Mr. Glasby for music, I can still remember some of the things he taught us about music, but he had a short and fierce temper.

Mr. Hook, short and dark, fancied himself as a bit of a character, Mr. Board, the two Mr Moss's for french - one of them affected a small beard and a beret very continental.

Lots more, all presided over by "Pop" Gregory; a rather eccentric man, but a genuine teacher. Never knew him use the cane either, but he could reduce one to tears with one of his rollickings.

Do you remember Dolly Hymans tuck shop or the "hill" ?

I remember the paper pelet incident well I sat at the side of the partition which the pelet were hitting. Mr Helliwell (Boris) Canned the lads sat nearest the patition including me.Do you rememberthis Quote:- If you are sitting next to a voice lets have it out!!

Ann Crow was a pupil at Owler Lane Int who became secretary on leaving.

Do you remember Pops invisible violin as he walked through the hall.

Enough for now.

I actually saw Pop play his fiddle once.Some classical musos came along to put on a show and Pop got his axe out and jammed with them during lunch break.

I remember the paper pelet incident well I sat at the side of the partition which the pelet were hitting. Mr Helliwell (Boris) Canned the lads sat nearest the patition including me.Do you rememberthis Quote:- If you are sitting next to a voice lets have it out!!

Ann Crow was a pupil at Owler Lane Int who became secretary on leaving.

Do you remember Pops invisible violin as he walked through the hall.

Enough for now.

Well, well, how about that, fancy us both recalling that incident from over fifty years ago ! I was sat on the other side and didn't get caned ! Still he didn't whack very hard - I remember poor Boris being a bit breathless afterwards. I believe he picked on the wrong side, to our great amusement.

You don't get them like that any more.

Was this form 3B, the lot that gave poor Mr. Priest such a hard time ?

Remember the school dinners. Really nice for a few years when they were cooked on the premises, then they closed the kitchen and started using the school delivery service - they came in those big round aluminium containers and tasted vile.

:hihi:Sounds like the same class 3b, form room science lab rear of stage. if given a canning we stood under the cooly hat lamp shade when Mr Priest raised the cane he hit the lamp then came gently on to our hand with an ouch from us. 4th year lads jacked priests Austin 7 car off the ground outside the woodwork room with bricks. Priest & Lupton got in and tried to go forwards just like the Keestone cops film Oh Dear. I took sandwiches can't comment on grub.