Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

No. unfortunately don't know those names at all. Sorry.

I was there from '61 to '63 when we were all sent to Hinde House.I must say I really envy all of you who had Mr Gregory aka 'Pop' as headmaster.We had him as head for just one year and then he retired.A truly wonderful man.The next head wasn't as nice and that is putting it very mildly.

I was there from '61 to '63 when we were all sent to Hinde House.I must say I really envy all of you who had Mr Gregory aka 'Pop' as headmaster.We had him as head for just one year and then he retired.A truly wonderful man.The next head wasn't as nice and that is putting it very mildly.

Hi, would that have been Mr. Hall?

I was a Prefect and in the class at the bottom of his stairs. Every day at lunch time he would come into our class and give me 6d to fetch his Cadbury Chocolate Raisin Bar from the tuck-shop. A source of embarrassment for me for nearly 3 years. Personally I thought he was rather suss.

Hi, would that have been Mr. Hall?

No.it was Mr Walter Gregory.I think he was Owler Lane head for over 20 years.Others I recall were Messrs Pashley,Crownshaw,Glasby.Harrison,Priest and Ward.The ladies were Mrs Fairest and Mrs McDonald.

My Wife Christina Stevenson as was went 1951-56, she remembers all those teachers also a Mr Lupton who was the PE teacher for the boys.She also had a french teacher who she remembers having very polished shoes but they were so old his little toes popped out of the cracks on the sides.Mrs. Fairest was a stickler for making the girls tie their hair back if it touched the collar if no ribbon to hand she would use anything string, shoelaces etc.Many a time she lost her beret to the lads from the redcaps school(Firth Park Grammer)whilst travelling home on the tram.Happy times.

I started in Mr. MacDonald's class in '55 and moved onto Mr. Boardman. Fred Glasby was maths/music and had a habit of sticking a ruler in your gob to make you sing better. Albert Lupton was an Ex Royal Marine commando and was very generous with the cane. Mr. Holmes was Physics. Mrs. Fairest was history. Mr. Pashley (Deputy Head) was a horrible little man. Mr. Pegg took art. There was a Mr. Helliwell in the prefabs who always checked the toilets for the smokers. Was it Mr. Priestly in the old tweed jacket who took science?

I remember Maureen Waller who was a gorgeous blonde and Carol White a stunning redhead. they were better to look at than teachers!!

My Wife Christina Stevenson as was went 1951-56, she remembers all those teachers also a Mr Lupton who was the PE teacher for the boys.She also had a french teacher who she remembers having very polished shoes but they were so old his little toes popped out of the cracks on the sides.Mrs. Fairest was a stickler for making the girls tie their hair back if it touched the collar if no ribbon to hand she would use anything string, shoelaces etc.Many a time she lost her beret to the lads from the redcaps school(Firth Park Grammer)whilst travelling home on the tram.Happy times.

Your wife Christina was in my class. I too remember Mrs. Fairest tying hair back! Woe betide if you didn't wear your beret!! but yes, happy times.

Hi, just wondered if anyone there in my year at Owler Lane Intermediate School from 1952-57. It's 50 years since we left - how amazing is that?! Should have thought about it earlier and had a reunion, what say you?

:banana:

Yep I was, it wasn't the highlight of my schooldays.Mr Moss,Mr Harrison,Mr Hook,Pop Gregory,Dolly Hardwick, :huh:Fred Glasby:huh:and that lanky blonde from drama i think . I was a rebel.

Yep I was, it wasn't the highlight of my schooldays.Mr Moss,Mr Harrison,Mr Hook,Pop Gregory,Dolly Hardwick, :huh:Frank Glasby:huh:and that lanky blonde from drama i think . I was a rebel.

So you were!! Apparently Pop Gregory actually married Dolly Hardwick. I met up with someone from Owler Lane last weekend (lives in Aston somewhere) and he told me that they had married. How odd is that?!

So you were!! Apparently Pop Gregory actually married Dolly Hardwick. I met up with someone from Owler Lane last weekend (lives in Aston somewhere) and he told me that they had married. How odd is that?!

after a sleep I remembered that lanky blonde's name ,Miss Unwin I believe,and that bl...y Mrs Fairest!!!! I recall a Mrs Preston akin to forenamed and around 1962 she was buying makeup for her 6yr old daughter.!! Laney J eh!

after a sleep I remembered that lanky blonde's name ,Miss Unwin I believe,and that bl...y Mrs Fairest!!!! I recall a Mrs Preston akin to forenamed and around 1962 she was buying makeup for her 6yr old daughter.!!

Mrs. Fairest was my form teacher in 2nd yr I think. What about Mr. Moss (French master) there were two of them both teaching French.