Would you like to play at Bramall Lane?

So for the record how many leagues are there in Sheffield Sat and Suns.

I only know Rotherham leagues, no Sat league. Sundays are Pemier then 1 to 8

look pal we only played our first season together this year we no you are favs but want to test us against the better well orgonised teams one thing i will gurantee is it wont be a cricket score looking forward to it :thumbsup:

It sounds good pal, let's get a pre-season game organised. I think it is good to play teams from other leagues.

So for the record how many leagues are there in Sheffield Sat and Suns.

I only know Rotherham leagues, no Sat league. Sundays are Pemier then 1 to 8

That got me thinking a bit Rob. The leagues I can think of that cover all the areas of Sheffield are listed below. I haven't included any women's or junior leagues.

There are probably a few others that I have missed that have skipped my memory.

It just shows how strong amateur football is in Sheffield and why people constantly try and compare the standard of opposing leagues. In reality the only way to make comparisons is for teams to play opposition from other leagues.

Our club has often considered testing ourselves in one of the other leagues in Sheffield but we love the fact that our league is a decent standard and the Saturday morning kick off times allow us to watch Wednesday and United in the afternoon. Plus, once our game is out of the way on Saturday morning we can drink for the rest of the weekend!

Saturday Mornings

Sheffield and District Fair Play League (3 Divisions)

Saturday Afternoons

County Senior League (3 Divisions)

South Yorkshire Amateur (2 Divisions)

Chesterfield and District Amateur League (1 Division) (Covers some areas of Sheffield)

Central Midlands League (2 Divisions) (Covers some teams in Sheffield)

Northern Counties East League (2 Divisions) (Covers some teams in Sheffield)

Northern Premier League (3 Divisions) (Includes Stocksbridge PS, Sheffield FC)

Wragg Over 35’s League (5 Divisions)

Sunday Leagues

Meadowhall Sheffield and District Sunday Football League (4 Divisions)

Blades Super Draw League (3 Divisions)

Sheffield Imperial Sunday League (5 Divisions)

Rotherham and District Sunday Football League (9 Divisions) (Includes some teams from Sheffield)

Chesterfield and District Sunday Football League (8 Divisions) (Includes some teams from Sheffield)

Sheffield and District Under 18/21 League (Leagues are limited age ranges)

It sounds good pal, let's get a pre-season game organised. I think it is good to play teams from other leagues.

sounds good any date in aug pal also dont mind where we play it you let me no whats convenient for you and i will pencil it in cheers

Only way i would ever play at bramall lane is if i had a wednesday shirt on lol, also a bit curious as to why you are scouting players if your doing so well? Also think the fairplay league is a bit pants went to watch a friend play for said league, not sure of team think was something giants. Anyway after watching a vicious tackle come in and ref didnt see it, the player who commited the foul grassed himself up. Yes ref i did foul him then!!! Haha wtf?

Only way i would ever play at bramall lane is if i had a wednesday shirt on lol, also a bit curious as to why you are scouting players if your doing so well? Also think the fairplay league is a bit pants went to watch a friend play for said league, not sure of team think was something giants. Anyway after watching a vicious tackle come in and ref didnt see it, the player who commited the foul grassed himself up. Yes ref i did foul him then!!! Haha wtf?

:hihi: A lot of our team are Wednesday fans but they still love to play at Bramall Lane. I will not tell you some of the things they get up to behind the scenes and in the dressing rooms!

We are constantly looking for good players, as is any progressive club who strives for success. The problem that we now have is that the quality of players we already have makes it very hard to find players who will improve us. Hence the reason that we advertise on places like this throughout the year.

As for the standard of the SDFPL it varies greatly depending on the division. The team that you watched play are in the third division. With all due respect to the bottom divisions of our league there is a massive gulf between the top division and the others, like all other local leagues I suppose. This has resulted in three teams who were promoted to the top division last season going straight back down.

Also think the fairplay league is a bit pants went to watch a friend play for said league, not sure of team think was something giants. Anyway after watching a vicious tackle come in and ref didnt see it, the player who commited the foul grassed himself up. Yes ref i did foul him then!!! Haha wtf?

thats not a bad thing though is it, I played a few games in the Superdraw league this season and there were some real idiots in it who had no interest in playing footy. I have been playing in div 3 of the SDFPL since xmas and whilst the standard isn't great I haven't had anyone try to do me over. Had been struggling to get in my side who play in the South Yorkshire Amateur so didn't mind a bit of a drop to get games, and the poorer pitches and ref quality is reflected in cheaper subs and fees.

who do you have in the final Dynamo?

thats not a bad thing though is it, I played a few games in the Superdraw league this season and there were some real idiots in it who had no interest in playing footy. I have been playing in div 3 of the SDFPL since xmas and whilst the standard isn't great I haven't had anyone try to do me over. Had been struggling to get in my side who play in the South Yorkshire Amateur so didn't mind a bit of a drop to get games, and the poorer pitches and ref quality is reflected in cheaper subs and fees.

who do you have in the final Dynamo?

We have got Ravenfield in the final at Bramall Lane. They are a new side to the league and in their first season in the third division. They are therefore a bit of an unknown quantity.

I know a couple of their players who are of reasonable quality so we will not be taking the game lightly. Just because we are the cup holders and top of the first division and they are in the third division doesn't entitle us to anything. They look like winning their division and progressing through the divisions, I have seen them play once this season and will be watching them again before the final. It will be a tough game but I am quietly confident.

not played against them, however none of the top sides in div 3 I have played against (despite losing to all of them!) have had a strong 11, most of them seem to have 3 or 4 weaker ability players so am certain that a div 1 team won't be like that.

Just out of interest then, what is the best league in Sheffield (amateur level) and who is the best team?

Plenty of players who are quality players don't play semi-pro because they aren't willing to give up their whole weekend to get paid £15 and travel miles from home. Some actually have kids/lives that involve more than football.

Most players I know who claim to be semi-pro are completely garbage.

Who do u play for kev1982?

in the fairplay league I play for Sheffield International (2nd bottom of the 3rd Div) in the south Yorkshire I play for Sheffield Bankers.