Video file merging

hi,

got a couple of video files that i want to put on a cd.I need to know if it is possible to merge the files so they play continuosly after each other and if so how sort of like a movie when you have 2 cds and put them onto one

I would say it depends on:

1. What Operating System are you currently using;

2. Are both files the same type of image file?

3. Are you just wanting play back on computer or DVD player as well?

Yes, it is possible to make a DVD Video disc that loops continuously. It's actually very simple when you know how and have the right tools.

You will need DVD authoring software that can access and edit the individual tracks' end jumps and chapter markers. Answer Swarf's questions above and I may be able to help.

I would say it depends on:

1. What Operating System are you currently using;

2. Are both files the same type of image file?

3. Are you just wanting play back on computer or DVD player as well?

windows 7...yes...usb on dvd player

OK. But what are the file types?

Look at the names in Explorer, you will see something like My Movie.wmv, or My Movie.avi, My Movie.m4v etc etc - the important bit is what comes after the dot in the file name.

If you want them to play from a DVD, the pixel dimensions should be 720x576 (UK, Europe standard) or 720x480 (US standard, but plays back on 99% of UK/Euro DVD players).

Those dimensions are for horizontal x vertical. If yours are bigger they get reduced to 720x... which is not a problem. Blowing up smaller images will reduce quality.

You say you want to burn them to a CD and in your other reply via your DVD player's USB?

If you want to view them via usb you'll have to convert them (with Format Factory) to the compatible format of your DVD player, the usual formats are .divx/avi, .mpg or .mp4 but check the manual to be sure. Once converted the DVD player should play the files in order when named properly: eg. film_part1.mpg > film_part2.mpg

No need to waste time merging the files together.

You can also burn these compatible files to a data disc and watch them with your DVD player - this is what I do, I can get 20+ hrs of high quality video on a single dual-layer DVD :love: