Fuel shortage threatened- have you filled up yet?

Add to the frustration and queues by going to the garage shop and just buy sweets but no fuel!

QUEUES at all major garages in Rotherham today, Esso on Wortley Road had no petrol at all !! the total garage on Eastwood rd.. had put up the prices to £1.48 litre and was void of customers.

Asda and morrissons had major queues backing on to main roads, the total garage at Rawmarch again had large queues backing on to the main drag, but at least held its prices t0 £1.39 litre.

I needed petrol today, but due to the panic buyers, did not pull in until maybe the 7th garage i passed!

A government minister rather stupidly advised people to fill their cars and maybe a jerry can because there might be a lorry driver's strike at some stage in the future. There is no strike now, and none has been announced. But still, people act like a war's coming and start queuing and buying all they can.

Yeah I started a thread on this yesterday and it has mysteriously been deleted :?:

I managed to squeeze a couple of quids worth in today.I only had to queue for twenty minutes.I heard that the weather is going to get colder at the weekend so I stocked up with bread,milk and salt aswell.

I filled up today, as I was empty.

Didn't take any jerry cans, unlike the bloke behind me with 4.

Yeah I started a thread on this yesterday and it has mysteriously been deleted

No, it hasn't. Several threads on same topic have been merged here.

the S13 sheep have drank the shell station dry....handsworth on panic alert....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

how gullable

why???

they have to give seven days notice of any strike.

i`m just going to use garage as usual.

it`s sheep like you that are causing this problem in the first place :huh:

You do what you want love but they won't catch me out! :)

It is not as economical to fill your tank full than it is to drive with it at half, at least for city driving. The added weight of the tank means that you get worse consumption, the engine having to work harder to carry the extra weight.
All 14.2 kgs (31.3 lbs) of it? :rolleyes:

What do you drive? One of these? :hihi:

All 14.2 kgs (31.3 lbs) of it? :rolleyes:

What do you drive? One of these? :hihi:

:hihi::hihi: What is that?...the Smurfmobile!

:hihi::hihi: What is that?...the Smurfmobile!
It's a road-legal 'car' (erm...it has 4 wheels :D) for people without a full driving license. OAPs, disqualified drivers, etc. At least in France, though I have seen them all over the place on the Continent, and quite sure I've seen a few about London as well over the years.

Made by Ligier (and Perodura, I think). Sounds like a moped, about as fast as a pushbike, but its fuel economy is mind-boggling (60+ :gag:). City center dwelling thing, as you imagine, although some people are daft enough to take them on A and B roards...with a reduced life expectancy to match :D

The body is glass fiber so it weighs next to nothing, whereby half a tank would have a sizeable effect on its MPG, from 60+ down to oh...I don't know...say, 59.5 MPG? for the first 200 miles or so? :D

Edited by L00b

A colleague of mine has just summed this all up very nicely by saying: "Look at all that panic buying. I think I'd better fill up on the way home in case these idiots drink the stations dry" :loopy::help: