Chavs corner in Rother Valley Country Park

You've got nothing against them but you're on here calling them chavs?

I think he means he's got nothing against young people in general, just a problem with the ones who litter.

Dog owners allow their dogs to toilet in our parks.

So you can have noisy chavs leaving litter, or you can have our filthy four legged friends dropping the contents of their tummy in our parks , take your pick.

I for one would ban our filthy four legged friends from using our parks, or at least charge the owners £10 to walk through the park on each visit, to take account of the damage being caused by their dogs

Most dog owners bag it out. The crap left behind represents a minority of dog owners.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who came from really nice areas with lots of things to do and parents that loved them dearly, that still behaved like pigs, at every age.

Still doesn't change the fact that their is very little to do at that age, when your at your most adventurous and inquisitive, every other age group has social gathering places they can choose to use if they wish, why not the teens?

But what's that got to do with the topic in question?

What does "having nothing to do" have anything to do with leaving the place "Ankle deep in empty beer cans , barbecue rubbish and mc donalds , kfc wrappers"?

If they've nothing to do they could use some of that time putting their rubbish in a bin.

Does enjoying a beer have to include leaving the litter? I don't think the objection is to the activity of BBQ & beer, it's to the mess left behind (unless I misunderstood the OP).

I don't generally leave a mess, I'll put stones down to avoid burning the grass and take my tinnies with me.

I've been known to, and know others to take other people's tinnies. The scrap value of tinnies being left (if they are) is something the park wardens should be taking advantage of...

And litterers are of all ages (Just look at the amount of bus tickets thrown onto the floor that say 'OAP free £0.00').

I'd imagine a lot of people having their first BBQ's in parks (due to them not having a garden), probably don't realise they will burn the grass. Wouldn't matter if it were their own grass, but if they haven't got any garden/allotment area of their own...

Load of crap. I grew up in Woodhouse where there was bugger all but a couple of playparks. But that didn't make us drink, smash stuff up or litter everywhere.

No one said they were smashing things up don't blow this out of proportion :|

I grew up around there over 20 years ago and recently suggested to a friend that we go for a walk round the lakes. I was so embarrassed to think I thought she thought it was a nice place. The rubbish was of disproportinate amounts. Disgusting lazy dirty people (whatever social group of society they belong to).

As to condoning this behaviour because there is nothing for teenagers to do - *********ridiculous response.:rolleyes:

And litterers are of all ages (Just look at the amount of bus tickets thrown onto the floor that say 'OAP free £0.00').

Wish all i had to do was check all the bus tickets that have been thrown away. What about the discarded rent books?

I don't generally leave a mess, I'll put stones down to avoid burning the grass and take my tinnies with me.

I've been known to, and know others to take other people's tinnies. The scrap value of tinnies being left (if they are) is something the park wardens should be taking advantage of...

I'd imagine a lot of people having their first BBQ's in parks (due to them not having a garden), probably don't realise they will burn the grass. Wouldn't matter if it were their own grass, but if they haven't got any garden/allotment area of their own...

So this outburst wasn't warranted then

Should the entire park be set aside for peaceful walking to appease you and your kind?

Or should the park be for all members of society to use?

Since the OP didn't say that people should only walk quietly, the complaint was about litter and damage.

The main problem is they don't have anywhere else to go, parents don't want them in the house, there's nothing for teenagers to do or anywhere to go.

Shame.

that shouldn`t make them litter louts, without any considertion for others

Always been the same. I don't think it will ever change.

I love going to rothervalley in the summer for a bbq and a few drinkys but would never ever ever ever dream of leaving any rubbish behind and i don't know anyone who would. Its really not difficult to pack it all into a carrier bag and carry it to the nearest bin.

Its just a shame not everyone thinks like me :banana:

Just the few that spoil it for the rest of us

So this outburst wasn't warranted then

Since the OP didn't say that people should only walk quietly, the complaint was about litter and damage.

Rother valley park is clearly in need of extra bins, some for recycling and some for general rubbish. It would also be an idea for an area to be set aside with raised platforms for bbq's.

There is litter all over the park, it is thrown by people walking aswell as peole whom have bbq's, having a bbq or walking aren't bad thing, but littering is.