Chavs corner in Rother Valley Country Park

Just been for a most ( largely) enjoyable walk round rother valley park,Enjoyed the walk the scenery, and the sunshine until reaching chavs corner, regular users of the park will know where i mean, just before the entrance to the cable jet ski. Ankle deep in empty beer cans , barbecue rubbish and mc donalds , kfc wrappers ect. surely the wardens know that it is spoiling the enjoyment of the vast majority of the park users, any chance of this area being policed by the wardens a little better , or as i suspect dont they care.PS, gohese t nothing at all against young people , i respect there values, would just like them to respect ours[/QUOTe]

What exactly did these 'chavs' do to you? They're'only enjoying the sunshine like everyone else is and as for the rubbish i'd say there are large families of 'foreigners' that leave loads of bbq rubbish there as well!

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quote tags

Did you read the OP? The complaint was that they left litter, spoiling the environment, that's what they did.

Maybe their parents should take more of an interest in their upbringing and behaviour?

Well said.

Dog owners allow their dogs to toilet in our parks.

So you can have noisy chavs leaving litter, or you can have our filthy four legged friends dropping the contents of their tummy in our parks , take your pick.

I for one would ban our filthy four legged friends from using our parks, or at least charge the owners £10 to walk through the park on each visit, to take account of the damage being caused by their dogs

Dog owners allow their dogs to toilet in our parks.

So you can have noisy chavs leaving litter, or you can have our filthy four legged friends dropping the contents of their tummy in our parks , take your pick.

I for one would ban our filthy four legged friends from using our parks, or at least charge the owners £10 to walk through the park on each visit, to take account of the damage being caused by their dogs

It isn't either or. Neither is acceptable to the majority of reasonable, considerate people. No one expects people just to walk in parks, or to sit quietly. But what's wrong with expecting everyone to remove their mess from a public place?

I walked through our local park the other day in the beautiful sunshine. There were people lying in the sun; walking their dogs; having a stroll; playing with their children. Perhaps I was just lucky that day, but no one was bombarding the rest of us with loud music, or letting their dogs mess on the grass or chucking rubbish around. Bliss.

Just shout "coppers" and see them run like rats, works a treat on parson cross park when the pit bikes on the go.

Try shouting work. That should see them disappear.

Maybe their parents should take more of an interest in their upbringing and behaviour?

I couldn't agree more, but sadly it's not the case is it.

Not to mention that the kids also don't want to be under their parents noses, they're experimenting with independance with no guidance whatsoever, other than their peers.

What could go wrong. :rolleyes:

Load of crap. I grew up in Woodhouse where there was bugger all but a couple of playparks. But that didn't make us drink, smash stuff up or litter everywhere.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who came from really nice areas with lots of things to do and parents that loved them dearly, that still behaved like pigs, at every age.

Still doesn't change the fact that their is very little to do at that age, when your at your most adventurous and inquisitive, every other age group has social gathering places they can choose to use if they wish, why not the teens?

is there any wonder some youth act up in certain ways, I aint condoning bad behavior, crime or violence, but when all society does is outcast them and label them horrible names like chav, (which to me is as degrading a name as calling some one because of race) how would you feel? go on youtube and watch Plan B - ill manors and then watch the his interview explaining the song and video, he explains better

Fair point, but which comes first?

Chicken or egg?

Bad boys due to society casting them out, or society casts them out due to their awful behaviour?

To me their anti social behaviour means we have to pay out constantly for vandalism.

How can antisocial behaviour ever aid anyone?

And I know you are not condoning them souljah.

Should the entire park be set aside for peaceful walking to appease you and your kind?

Or should the park be for all members of society to use?

Speaking as somebody who enjoys both peaceful walking and the odd barbeque and a few beers.

So do I, but always take my rubbish home with me

Can i just state:

It isn't just Youths who make that mess.

I'v seen people of all ages having a few drinks and bbq's and such. So don't be pointing the finger at us when we're not the only ones to contribute to the mess.

Can i just state:

It isn't just Youths who make that mess.

I'v seen people of all ages having a few drinks and bbq's and such. So don't be pointing the finger at us when we're not the only ones to contribute to the mess.

So you do contribute to some of it? If other do it does that make it OK for you to? Be resposible for your own rubbish and either bin it there or take it home and throw it in the bin there..