Chavs corner in Rother Valley Country Park

Should the entire park be set aside for peaceful walking to appease you and your kind?

Or should the park be for all members of society to use?

Speaking as somebody who enjoys both peaceful walking and the odd barbeque and a few beers.

Do you pay to get in or use the free carpark around the back or block the trendies in near Grant and Fellows? :hihi:

Should the entire park be set aside for peaceful walking to appease you and your kind?

Speaking as somebody who enjoys both peaceful walking and the odd barbeque and a few beers.

Yeah should be for all members of society, speaking as a person who also enjoys a barbeque and certainly more than a few beers . Wasn,t having a go at the kids , just the vast amount LITTER, or maybe that appeases YOU and your KIND.

Why not let the chavs party all night, then make them clear it up in the morning when they are doing their community service orders?

Sounds like a good punishment.

Judge - "Your punishment will be 70 hours of cleaning up after yourself when you make a mess".

You've got nothing against them but you're on here calling them chavs?

No i have nothing against them and apologise unreservedly for calling them chavs,

I don't think you should apologise for referring to them as chavs. You could call them any name but we know what you mean. Anyone who can't be bothered to clear up their own mess and take it home with them is rude, slovenly and disrespectful. It's not hard to do really.

The other evening when I took the kids, a large group of older kids (16-20s) were sitting on one of the pieces of equipment, which just left one for the younger kids to play on. There was a toddler who toddled over to the piece of equipment with the older kids on. The older kids spoke in a nice manner to the toddler but they made no move to leave the equipment for him to play on it. One had a moped/bike and whilst not really harming anyone, their language was atrocious - full of expletives, loud, and sexual references and names of reproductive organs featured - hardly great when you've got young kids. There needs to be some sort of shelter, away from the playgrounds where these older kids can congregate really.

The car stereo wars did get a bit out of hand too at one bit.:)

I don't think you should apologise for referring to them as chavs. You could call them any name but we know what you mean. Anyone who can't be bothered to clear up their own mess and take it home with them is rude, slovenly and disrespectful. It's not hard to do really.

You're right, whether they are chavs, goths, mods or rockers... It's disrespectful either way. Of course no one should apologise for calling them chavs, I was merely playing Devil's advocate. ;)

Just shout "coppers" and see them run like rats, works a treat on parson cross park when the pit bikes on the go.

is there any wonder some youth act up in certain ways, I aint condoning bad behavior, crime or violence, but when all society does is outcast them and label them horrible names like chav, (which to me is as degrading a name as calling some one because of race) how would you feel? go on youtube and watch Plan B - ill manors and then watch the his interview explaining the song and video, he explains better

The main problem is they don't have anywhere else to go, parents don't want them in the house, there's nothing for teenagers to do or anywhere to go.

Shame.

Maybe their parents should take more of an interest in their upbringing and behaviour?

The main problem is they don't have anywhere else to go, parents don't want them in the house, there's nothing for teenagers to do or anywhere to go.

Load of crap. I grew up in Woodhouse where there was bugger all but a couple of playparks. But that didn't make us drink, smash stuff up or litter everywhere.

Does enjoying a beer have to include leaving the litter? I don't think the objection is to the activity of BBQ & beer, it's to the mess left behind (unless I misunderstood the OP).