Walkley Dental Practice

I went there the other day to re-register and found the receptionist extremely rude. May try somewhere else.

Very poor indeed

I have been to this dentist for several years, no reason to complain, theyvhave had loads of receptionists and the ones at the minute is pleasant, always busy.

And the dentist jehad is lovely

Agreed Jehad nice bloke top dentist, had teeth removed etc, like I say I would recommend, Also I have found the receptionist, when not busy helpful chatty and nice . I for one can't understand that some of the comments on here are about the very same place I go to...

I am a nurse at this practice. And yes I may be biased slightly but we are a good practice and the staff are very caring. You may not believe it but we deal with extremely phobic patients day in, day out. So we are very used to this and very understanding. My sister is very phobic for instance, Infact she's probably one of the worse cases of dental phobia I have had to work with in the 9 years I've done this job. It's one of those things in this profession that you have to be extremely understanding and caring because there are not many people who like to come.

As for the comments on here about registering somewhere else, I would ignore them and give us a try. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but we are a really friendly bunch. I would suggest to anyone who is unhappy with there treatment for whatever reason to fill in one of our compliments and complaints forms and send to head office. It's a stamped addressed envelope and as we are part of the largest corporate company in the uk they accept any point of views gratefully. It actually helps staff development. After all, we can't improve on things if there not brought to our attention.

If you are really worried or have any questions, please pm me or call in and I'll help you in anyway I can. I hope you have not been too put off by the negativity of others.

Nice to hear the "other side" of it Lozzylozenge! As you say, everybody is different and has different views.

:):)

A friend of mine went there two weeks ago as an NHS, patient (for a routine check-up) They asked for £40, for a clean and polish after the inspection. I thought this was part of the check-up, but on looking at the NHS, website, it says "if clinically needed" I don't recall seeing this stipulation before has it been changed ?

A friend of mine went there two weeks ago as an NHS, patient (for a routine check-up) They asked for £40, for a clean and polish after the inspection. I thought this was part of the check-up, but on looking at the NHS, website, it says "if clinically needed" I don't recall seeing this stipulation before has it been changed ?

Sure thats wrong I get mine cleaned and polished and charged £18.50 sure it comes under that band

Always seems difficult understanding dental fees, even though they are simple in 3 NHS bands.

e.g. how long is a filling 'guaranteed' for?

2 months? Replace F.O.C?

My wife was told hers was guaranteed for 12 months today - at another place. She had it replaced after 3 months free.

Sure thats wrong I get mine cleaned and polished and charged £18.50 sure it comes under that band

It is exactly correct. My question was has this been altered, I thought it was part of band one - inspection + clean & polish. When my friend told me what had happened, I checked the NHS, website and saw " if clinically necessary" I don't recall seeing that before. Is this subtle change that the Nasty Party has introduced ?

I'm registered there but cannot get them to answer the phone. Days and days and days of ringing. Finally answered it this morning and said there was a queue of people and could they call me back (begs the question why answer the phone then)....still no call.

Whatever you do, avoid Walkley Dental Centre. Contrary to what has been claimed in earlier posts, the staff there are not only rude but also incompetent. I visited the other day, was asked to make a payment and then got forgotten about in the waiting area, despite sitting only feet away from the receptionists.

The rest of my family are all registered at School Road Dental Practice and have nothing but praise for them. They are registering NHS patients at the moment.

My experience at Walkley Dental Practice is that the dentists are great but the receptionists are not so good. The have a tendency to be rather abrupt and unorganised and they've never called me back when I've left a voicemail. I've currently been waiting 2 months for a reply to an email which I suspect will never arrive.

Agreed Jehad nice bloke top dentist, had teeth removed etc, like I say I would recommend, Also I have found the receptionist, when not busy helpful chatty and nice . I for one can't understand that some of the comments on here are about the very same place I go to...

This makes me so happy. I am petrified of the dentist and the one I was seeing there is leaving to move to London. My next appointment is with Jehad so feel reassured hes a nice bloke (literally shake when I'm in the chair)

---------- Post added 05-04-2016 at 15:16 ----------

The charge of £40 is for a deep clean and polish with a dental hygienist (I had one in February which was in addition to my regular check up)

The original post on this thread was in 2012. Can we be sure that the practice has remained the same? Has it changed? Is the original poster still bothered? We need to drill down a bit to extract the tooth, sorry truth.