Game stores closing - no longer accepting gift cards or refunding items

If you say so, but I'd say using the word "dramatic" is disparaging, whereas I see his point.

What was his point then? Why will he no longer shop in town or at meadowhall? What logic leads him from his loss off a cash deposit and gift vouchers to this statement of intent?

In this case though both Rich and the poster in this thread were being ridiculous.

Game closes down does not warrant a response of "I'll never shop at meadowhall again" (boycott was the word Rich used).

Possibly. Any sensible person would have already reached that decision ;)

What was his point then? Why will he no longer shop in town or at meadowhall? What logic leads him from his loss off a cash deposit and gift vouchers to this statement of intent?
You might get that if you ask him that?

They are owned by Game so may have gone the same way.

when i went too meadowhall monday game station was open but game was closed

Rich getting stick on SF is hardly a reason to do one thing or another.

Peoples' attitude to Rich's posts is one of the least edifying aspects of SF

I get stick every time I post anyway, regardless of the subject matter, the Mods are aware of my feelings regarding trolling on here.

If you shopped at Game I think you can probably afford to cover your loss anyway.

Either that or you're stupid.

Prices were ridiculous, see, retailers? Rip off merchants go bust.

Buy games from game station, ebay & only pay cash, & if want to buy with security especially if using gift cards, try buying from supermakets instead as they are a lot less likely to go bust. ASDA do a good selection of games & if want to give voucher for xmas present the ASDA one is pretty safe.

Dont leave deposit at hmv cus think they may be in similar situation to Game with their finances

If you shopped at Game I think you can probably afford to cover your loss anyway.

Either that or you're stupid.

Prices were ridiculous, see, retailers? Rip off merchants go bust.

Asda is cheaper for games anyway & the bigger tesc stores I think!!

ill go too game station instead :-) while there still open

Yeah,but dont put a deposit down on two xbox's or get any vouchers :D

That might have something to do with Rich's post's either contain various untruths labelled as "FACTUAL FACT"s, trolling other users, or accusing other users of being trolls. Added with the fact that he hits the report button on everyone who doesn't agree with him.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::thumbsup: great post :hihi:

Nice to be shown to be right. Even when it's an off-topic aspect of the thread :thumbsup:

Think game station is seperate company, because I tried to use the game card in there by mistake & they did not accept.

To all on here, think in this day and age it pays to be cautious about leaving deposits at big companies, as businesses are shutting down, unless not bothered about potentially loosing money. Remember that company thats like Park, but not park where you can pay for ya xmas shopping in advance going bust leaving people out of pocket?? Not saying not to shop at game, just dont leave ya self open to loose money. If shop at one of the big supermakets for your games, you may not get points but chances are will be cheaper in the first place. If shop online using paypal you are a lot more protectedas well.