To Make Everyone Smile ..

Well, my Great Dane bitch has come into season a little earlier than expected. After her last season we couldn't afford to get her 'done' due my Husband being made redundant (he has a new job now though), and finding out we were expecting our first baby :-)

But before people start kicking off, we have the money saved now to get her done after this season.

Anyway, here's what I'm hoping will make you smile.

People who have owned bitches in season know things get very messy with the 'blood drips' when they walk around, or the patches of blood when they sit down anywhere. Great Danes are massive, so the mess is massive!! Our kitchen is laminate, so normally she's confined to the kitchen and back garden (for easy cleaning) which I feel awful about. We normally have to buy her a new bed afterwards too. She's a family pet and I love her being allowed in the carpeted living room/bedroom and she has her own sofa. Problem being blood gets everywhere so we can't let her :-(

So I've improvised. I've found an old pair of my knickers, some pink ribbon and a sanitary towel and wallah!!! Doggy 'Season' Knickers!!

She looks adorable in them, and the surprising thing is she doesn't mind having them on. At first she was a bit curious, but now she lifts her back paws to have them put on and puts up a fight when you try to take them off so she can wee!!

I've never seen anything like it, a Great Dane walking around in huge apple catchers!! With her waggy tail sticking out!!

Best bit now is the fact she can have the run of the house as normal, her bed stays clean so we don't end buying a new one, and the 'used' pad is easily binned and a fresh one applied.

Just had to share, I'm sorry for anyone being groced out!!

Things you do for your pets eh!! I must be mad!!

Funniest bit, my baby is due in a few weeks and I went to boots to buy some 'Always'. My friend works there and was very confused that I was buying some as I've not needed them these past 8 months... my reply was 'they're for the Dog'. I've never been stared at so weirdly in my life. She didn't know what to say back!!

Haha! Such a lovely improvise! :)

your not alone ive used knickers for my basset when she has been in season

it dose make sense to do this ive given up explaining ive had a hysterectomy

so like you i get very strange looks :hihi:

but don't they look funny when they have their knicker on i bet its even funner

on a Dane & funnily enough June doesn't mind having her knickers on either

& jenny when she had her season :hihi::hihi:

:hihi:

Bless her! We fostered a Samoyed who was in season once and the mess was grim with such a huge fluffy, WHITE beast :gag:

So we put her in a pair of Andy's boxer shorts. I'm sure she would've been happier with ribbony knickers though :D

(By the way, pics, now, it's the law ;) )

we really need a picture of her.

That has GOT to be one of the best pictures ever posted on this forum :hihi::hihi: The little 'uns seeming reaction is funny! What an amazing and distinctive pair of dogs :)

Get yourself on Dragon's Den :D

Lol, post some photos. *EDIT* Lol, just seen that pic.

When our Nelly was broken down (is it just in Barnsley we say this? Mrs is from that there London and she laughs her head off whenever I say it) we had the same problem with blood all over the shop, so we bought some incontinence pants for dogs from Pets @ Home and they worked a treat.

I like your solution though, and to be honest I'd love to see my little pug running around in one of the Mrs's thongs.

Fantastic picture of that in my mind now, that is hilarious. Now I've seen the pic and it is even more funny lol.

Edited by Snagglepuss

Haha! So funny Leesha! Although if you get visitors for the next two weeks they will think your hormones have sent you mad :hihi:

Your dane is beautiful btw!