Being Gay, what IS the unnatural reason then?

Flying is unnatural, how does something that weighs 300 tonnes get in the air. :rolleyes: Why do some people only criticise progress when it suits their prejudices?

Why is it some people like to peddle the procreation argument when referring to homosexuals as being unnatural, yet the same people are the first people to complain about over population.

I cannot understand the level of venom towards homosexuals. How does a person's desire toward another of the same sex affect me, it of course doesn't.

I'm glad on the evidence of this thread that most people embrace the idea of homosexuality, long may it continue.

Well put, Antics. I have never in my entire life thought to "question" the ethics of hetrosexuals. It doesn't affect my life in any way, shape or form. Thankfully, the friends who I know are from all walks of the sexual sphere and I'm glad to know them for who they are, regardless of their gender.

I like this post. It says:

"Here is a piece of information that proves me wrong, but if I put the next bit in bold maybe nobody will notice."

:)

Clarification, Wiki.

An animal is a taxonomic member of the Kingdom Animalia. For biologists, this includes human beings, although for the general public the term "animal" means only non-human animals.

There you go are you happy now, or just spouting for the sake of it.

An animal is a taxonomic member of the Kingdom Animalia.

Kingdom: Animalia

[...]

Genus: Homo

Species: Homo sapiens

Woop woop. Animaaaaaaaaals. ;)

Kingdom: Animalia

[...]

Genus: Homo

Species: Homo sapiens

Woop woop. Animaaaaaaaaals. ;)

As put by flamingjimmy,

"It is though, in literally hundreds, possibly thousands of other species.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex...ior_in_animals "

Do you compare yourself to other species, they do it so it's ok, reducing yourself to a, lets say for the feeble minded wild animal.

Do you compare yourself to other species, they do it so it's ok

I do compare myself to other species, but I don't use their behaviour to justify my own. I have a morality, which is quite unique in human beings - we can reason.

So, do you have a reason for thinking homosexuality is wrong?

I do compare myself to other species, but I don't use their behaviour to justify my own. I have a morality, which is quite unique in human beings - we can reason.

Of course he does...ignorance.

As put by flamingjimmy,

Do you compare yourself to other species, they do it so it's ok, reducing yourself to a, lets say for the feeble minded wild animal.

I think that the point people are making is that homosexuality is not unique to humans, nor is it is conscious decision to reject heterosexuality (although some political lesbian feminists would disagree with me on this), ergo it is natural. Morality is a man made construct and as humans for whom sexual attraction is not a deliberate choice, who can reason, as Chris Sleeps says, there is absolutely nothing unnatural or immoral about homosexuality.

Glad to hear it, what do you use.

If it's a quirk of nature no, it's possible to be born lacking, perhaps medical advances may cure it.

if it's by choice yes it then becomes a perversion.

If it's a quirk of nature no, it's possible to be born lacking, perhaps medical advances may cure it.

You haven't shown any evidence that it is a problem to be cured, you might as well suggest that we could cure people of being born ginger, or bigoted.

You've not established (and indeed cannot because it isn't) that it's a perversion.

It's not uncommon amongst humans, has happened through all of recorded history and happens amongst most mammals, it's perfectly normal.

Maybe in the future medical intervention can cure people who hold an opinion like yours though...

As put by flamingjimmy,

When people claim that some kind of behaviour isn't natural, a comparison to more natural animals (ie ones without social constructs or advanced self awareness) is useful to determine whether that behaviour is indeed natural or not.

Clearly homosexuality is natural.

Is this some kind of sick April Fool? 'Cure it'?! 'Perversion'?! Unbelievable.:(

"Curing" implies there's something that should be cured, you could equally argue that intolerance is a condition that needs curing.