Pure gym sheffield

hmmmmm well thanx for that nerd! I dont know where you have been but theres nothng wrong with the atmosphere in there and yes it does get busy at certain times but doesnt every gym lol.Why would most women and some men want to go to muscle madness to be with all the horrible grunting sweaty men no thanx i will stick to my no frills,rubbish atmosphere, worst gym ever lol yeah what ever.Do you work at muscle madness by any chance hmmmmm

Does Pure Gym have free parking?

Yes, 150mins. You're supposed to type your numberplate in on a computer inside but I always forget...

have you ever been to muscle madness??? its not full of grunting men at all!! men and women go there!

its very clean and puts pure gym to shame.

At pure gym a group of asians were spitting on the floor and nothing was said!

like i said pure gym is cheap and cheerful!!!!

the students gym and you get what you pay for...

hmmmmm well thanx for that nerd! I dont know where you have been but theres nothng wrong with the atmosphere in there and yes it does get busy at certain times but doesnt every gym lol.Why would most women and some men want to go to muscle madness to be with all the horrible grunting sweaty men no thanx i will stick to my no frills,rubbish atmosphere, worst gym ever lol yeah what ever.Do you work at muscle madness by any chance hmmmmm

mmmmmm me thinks you work for pure gum! lol how sad!!

seeing as all you go on about is crappy boot camp!!

only 15 places laeft! thanks for the update!!

Yes, 150mins. You're supposed to type your numberplate in on a computer inside but I always forget...

Cheers,that's good to know. I'm moving back to Sheffield and looking for a gym. I like the idea that it's open 24/7 as I like to workout at all hours. Can anyone tell me if it's easy to get on squat racks and smith machines? Also,do they have a system for reserving equipment with time limits when it gets busy?

n.e.r.d - you're hardly acting as a positive ambassador of the "muscle madness" gym.

bogeyman101 - there are 2 olympic squat racks and 1 smith machine, a goodish selection of weights, some fixed weights. Don't really care about dumbells so I can't tell you about that

Longest I've waited for weights is about 20 mins - but thats when you get your cardio in! There are a ridiculous number of cardio machines, but not a large selection, if that makes sense. So like 50 treadmills but none of those silly bicycle arm machines.

They also have kettlebells if you're into that (fad).

And they used to have a sharps bin in the toilets, that they thankfully seem to have got rid of.

Thanks for the info Carl. Pure Gym sounds like it could be a goer. I'll check it out along with FU(it's much closer for me) but Pure Gym sounds more like it'll suit me.

Basically, I have worked at a fair few of the local gyms in Sheffield and/or hav trained in them. Basically if you're more into your cardiovascular exercises then pure gym is probably the best choice with its large display of reasonable cardio equipment, but if you are intending to go in and lift, its kind of a waste of tome due to the fact that unless you want to train at 12 midnight even then, dumbells don't go very heavy, the Olympic bars arnt actually Olympic bars only. You pay cheap at this gym and that is what you get. Atmosphere isn't the friendlest too many ego's in the gym.

Muscle madness besides sounding like a rough gym, it withput a doubt has the best equipment this side of town, a lot of people may look like hulk, but everyone seems to appreciate everyone around. The gym is always really clean and it plays some great music . Other gyms in the area active hallam, smallish gym, quite cheap but no parking, good weight room, cardiovascular is lagging. Normally quiet spesh b4 5 and after 7.

Ponds forge, good for classes and cardiovascular/swimming weights have a lot to be desired.

Virgin active is also a very good gym aswel, very friendly staff and customers literally suits every kind of trainer, but generally comes at a cost.

Basically, I have worked at a fair few of the local gyms in Sheffield and/or hav trained in them. Basically if you're more into your cardiovascular exercises then pure gym is probably the best choice with its large display of reasonable cardio equipment, but if you are intending to go in and lift, its kind of a waste of tome due to the fact that unless you want to train at 12 midnight even then, dumbells don't go very heavy, the Olympic bars arnt actually Olympic bars only. You pay cheap at this gym and that is what you get. Atmosphere isn't the friendlest too many ego's in the gym.

Muscle madness besides sounding like a rough gym, it withput a doubt has the best equipment this side of town, a lot of people may look like hulk, but everyone seems to appreciate everyone around. The gym is always really clean and it plays some great music . Other gyms in the area active hallam, smallish gym, quite cheap but no parking, good weight room, cardiovascular is lagging. Normally quiet spesh b4 5 and after 7.

Ponds forge, good for classes and cardiovascular/swimming weights have a lot to be desired.

Virgin active is also a very good gym aswel, very friendly staff and customers literally suits every kind of trainer, but generally comes at a cost.

Just wondered what the general opinion is with Pure Gym.

Are there any other places open 24 hours?

What are the facilities like?

How does it compare to Virgin / Esporta etc...?

pure gym is ok

not as good as esporta but esporta is bout £60

pure gym is £17 p month

its only got gym,and changing rooms showers and sunbed