Printer Cartridge Recycling for charity

A recent survey showed that only 10% of empty printer cartridges are being recycled.

This obviously means that 90% of the empty printer cartridges in the UK are going into the waste bin and then dumped in our land fill sites.

Not only is this bad news for the environment but it is a massive waste of money. How much hard cash has been thrown in the bin? What a difference this cash could have made to Charities or schools had we recycled them.

Cartridge Express Recycling Ltd is operating a cartridge recycling program to raise funds for charity. Empty printer cartridges can rise from 25p up to £6 each.

Basically we want you to send us your empty printer cartridges. It will not cost a penny to send in as we can provide free post bags for your small inkjet cartridges and we will arrange a courier collection of large toners.

Not all cartridges can be recycled so we ask that you do not send in empty Epson or Canon ink-tanks.

Many HP & Lexmark inkjet cartridges are worth around £2 each

And HP Q1338A Toner Cartridges are worth around £5 each.

Just think how much extra help this money would provide to already under funded charities.

For full details and free post requests call Lee on 0113 2428935 or email cash4carts@cartridgeexpress.net.

For charities wanting to benefit from cartridge recycling call Michael on 0113 242 8935 or email empties@cartridgeexpress.net.and he will provide you with all the information you need to start recycling today.

You can also find full details online at www.lampuki.com/Printer_cartridge_recycling

Thank you to everyone who has been in touch :clap:

Hi

I'm looking for a charity where I can drop off used ink cartridges. Does anyone know of a current place to donate (ideally S6 side of Sheffield)

Thanks

I find it easier to post mine. I donate to BHF the recycling place is in Norfolk. They send me prepaid envelopes and I pop them in the post.

Sheffield Children's Hospital will accept toner cartridges.

I'll dig out the contact details, as it's not immediately obvious on their website (or I'm just not terribly observant)

Does anyone know of anywhere that wants empty Samsung toners and Epson inks? I know there was a post earlier on in the thread about some not taking Epson?

If you would like Sheffield Children's Hospital to benefit from your used toner cartridges, please box them up and send them to:

Ref “The Children’s Hospital Charity – C1490”

Recycle4Charity

FREEPOST

SEA 14098

Lewes

BN8 5BR

Thank you :)

Cool, I've been sending mine (toner) back to Brother but this seems much better.

I sae that Pets@Home at Wadsley Bridge have a large box to put old phones and ink cartridges in. Maybe people could take them there? I don't know what charity it is for though