Looking for a financial advisor - recommendations please

Unsure if this is the correct area to post however I was wondering if anyone could recommend a finanical advisor in the local area or should you just use the old fashioned way and go to a bank for advice.

Also, if possibly what this actually involves and an idea around costs.

Thanks in advance

Dee

Don't go to a Bank as almost all are tied to selling their own products and most are rubbish. Find an independent IFA who charges a fee. You will get better advice and he'll be open to a large range of products and services.

Have a look at the attached link for an idea of the fees charged.

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2012/01/which-finds-huge-variations-in-ifa-fees-276693/

Unsure if this is the correct area to post however I was wondering if anyone could recommend a finanical advisor in the local area or should you just use the old fashioned way and go to a bank for advice.

Thanks in advance

Dee

Either way, seek an IFA (Independent Financial Adviser), accredited by FSA.

Guest sibon

Thanks in advance

Dee

What are you wanting to do Dee?

Lots of fairly simple things can be done yourself with a little research.

Thanks in advance

Dee

Don't go to a bank as they act in the i9nterests of their bank, There was someone I used to use called Nigel Thompson based in Broomhill. He was an IFA and gave me some sound advice a number of years ago. He may have retired by now..

Thanks in advance

Dee

Also they only charge you if you buy something from them, advice is free (generally)

FACTS@ 390 fulwood road RANMOOR tel. 2630032 Ross BOLTON DIRECTOR I find him, excellent have used him for about 10 years and he is very good at sorting finances out give him a ring he has access to a lot of good financial products , he has good advice and he keeps an eye on his clients finances and will meet you to discuss what he can do for you he will have an initial meeting with you get you sorted out an annual Review and if you need access to your finances at any time he can sort it out as well is that helpful to you?

Thanks for this, gives me a place to start

Dee