Grinding washing machine when in spin cycle??

We have in Indesit WF541 washing machine and over the last few weeks it has been getting louder when it spins, to the point that you can't hear each other talk over it, it is a kind of grinding noise and when i put my hand in to turn the drum i can feel it grinding inside. Anyone any idea of the problem and how much to fix, or a repairman to fix it for us???

We have in Indesit WF541 washing machine and over the last few weeks it has been getting louder when it spins, to the point that you can't hear each other talk over it, it is a kind of grinding noise and when i put my hand in to turn the drum i can feel it grinding inside. Anyone any idea of the problem and how much to fix, or a repairman to fix it for us???

no expert but could it be the bearings?

If i remeber rightly i dont think they are too much to sort out

Ours was doing it other week and we cleaned the filter out and it had a hairgrip stuck in it, stopped after that. Worth a check :)

Just tried cleaning the filter, bit gunky, but nowt inside it, still making the grinding noise and feel when i spin the drum, time to call in the professoinals methinks, anyone know any good repairmen in the Hillsborough are???

My tumble drier the same thing last year, one of the three retaining screws at the back had ripped through the metal surrounding it and knocked the inner drum off centre. I can usually bodge things but that was a no-go, just wouldn't have it so it took a trip with the scrap man.