Recomend me a budget Tri-pod :)

Danny1107

Hi guys, I'm looking for a decent Tri-pod for a DSLR (Nikon D5000)

I don't want to spend too much on one at the moment as I am just an amature photographer and the Tri-pod I have now has seen better days!

My Budget is around £40, can maybe push to £60 max. It needs to be able to support the camera and bigger lenses as I want to get a nice telephoto lens in the future and I also have afew old lenses that I use which weigh a fair bit!

Thanks in advance for any help :)

but remember one thing: you can't get cheap good tripod.

if you want you can come in town centre (near ponds forge) and try mine tripod, and you will have an idea.

Edited by andy_LT

I know you can't get a cheap and quality tripod but obviously some makes are better than others, so instead of possibly wasting £40 and buying a bad one, I'd rather see what people recomend and hear about their personal experience ect :)

That Hama one looks nice, infact, for the price it looks great and I like how you can turn the mount to go under the tripod, will come in very handy when I get my new macro lens next month :D

Do you know if you can change the head on it? and how sturdy is it?

I think I might order one of those next week then :) Looks good in the pictures!

Just had a look through your Flickr album, you've got alot of really great photos on there! I love the macro shots, what macro lens do you use? I love the detail on the spider photos... although I hate spiders *shivvers*

oh, just seen you from s80. so it's a bit too far to travel to sheffield to try it out ... lol

BTW that spider pistures was taken with old lens 35-70 with tubes. but it's so much easier with macro lens :)