Anyone got any frog spawn yet?

I have only had my pond a couple of years and have done nothing special other than put plants in and have an area where they can climb in and out easily.

Thankyou foqg that, i dont have plants in mine so thats probly it. Ill have to get some :)

I feel I should point out:

even though no-one has mentioned moving spawn yet, readers may be considering it.

I don't know why:huh: but I thought it was illegal to remove frog spawn.

Pond has been full of frogspawn for more than 2 weeks.

Last week I had lots of intimate frogs in my pond.

You folks who have already spawn in your ponds.

Tell me please, does the water receive plenty of sunlight and do you have an abundance of plant life in the pond. Has your piece of water been there for many years ??

Tell me please, does the water receive plenty of sunlight and do you have an abundance of plant life in the pond. Has your piece of water been there for many years ??

Hi the pond is now alive with tapoles. The pond is in shade most of the day but gets the odd ray or two mid morning. It has running water through it occasionally but the stream dries up if it hasn't rained for just a few days. What I don't have are the snails that used to fill the pond. They were all killed in the bad frosts 2 winters ago and haven't returned. I might need to seek some out.

I have lots of green oxygenating weed that floats around and some water lillies that take over and cover everything in summer.

The pond has presumably been here for 2 or 3 hundred years. It has a surface area of about 20-25 square metres.

Edited by foxy lady

Hi, our pond gets the morning sun. It does have plenty of plant life. It has been there about 7 years and it always has frogs and spawn. The pond has running water from the pump.

And mine has full sun on it most of the day with a few plants and is only about 6 square meters surface area, although I havent seen many I was out in the garden last night about 9pm and could most certainly hear them.The spawn I can see is maturing slowly the taddys are taking shape.

We've had tadpoles a couple of days now. Our pond is in the sunlight for most of the day, its been there since last year as the little pond we had before was too small for the fish to survive last winter, so we made it a lot bigger and deeper, its got a pump and filter and quite a few plants :)

we saw some tadpoles in one of the water features in the botanical gardens over the weekend, but I think they were newt's not frogs.

Unbelievably, some of the tapioca that I poured into the pond as a substitute for the real thing, has begun to hatch into tadpoles, or should that be tappoles?

Hope they weather the cold spell which is forecast.