Anyone got any frog spawn yet?

Cheers, where abouts in Gleadless are the woods??

we saw some at Longshaw estate a couple of weeks ago, went back on Sunday and it had all gone, presumably hatched or eaten by fish/birds. Could it be a bit too late now?

Cheers, where abouts in Gleadless are the woods??

If you go along the allotments entrance from Cat Lane and carry on past the white house following the Sheffield round walk sign, you will pass it on your left.

There is another pond adjacent to it as well. I think though that it will be too late for this year because they will have hatched out, unless you get the tadpoles, but that's more difficult than getting spawn.

Edited by spilldig

There was a lot at Hillsborough park a few weeks back, but the greedy ducks have eaten it all.

My dads pond had some in. We took some so our kids could see them grow and also so they wouldn't all be eaten by my dads fish. I remember when I was younger the pond was full of frog spawn and frogs but this has declined over the years.

All our spawn is tadpoles now.

Just a thought, but has anyone seen any toad spawn at all. It's been many years since I saw any ?

Just a thought, but has anyone seen any toad spawn at all. It's been many years since I saw any ?

Hi spilldig, a serious question.

What's the difference in appearance if any between frog and toad spawn ?

Hi spilldig, a serious question.

What's the difference in appearance if any between frog and toad spawn ?

Big difference Runningman. Frog spawn is laid as one mass, whereas toad spawn is laid as one single thread, like a string of beads, but I wouldn't be surprised at anyone not having seen any because as I said it's been many years since I last noticed any, but no mistaking it if you do see it.

Edited by spilldig

Big difference Runningman. Frog spawn is laid as one mass, whereas toad spawn is laid as one single thread, like a string of beads, but I wouldn't be surprised at anyone not having seen any because as I said it's been many years since I last noticed any, but no mistaking it if you do see it.

Hi spilldig and thanks for that info.

No, never seen any !

Most of the frog spawn we had in our pond I took out, white spots all over !

lots of places in the moss valley.

Thank's for the info BH.

---------- Post added 25-04-2017 at 14:10 ----------

Hi spilldig and thanks for that info.

No, never seen any !

Most of the frog spawn we had in our pond I took out, white spots all over !

I have seen the white spots. I don't know what they are caused by, but judging on what I have seen, those ones have some sort of disease because they don't seem to hatch out.

Old thread but same question please, i installed a pond late last year and was hoping to see a few frogs/spawn, i did have a few visitors in Autumn but nothing recently before/after the bad weather.