Date for decision on when to start primary school?

Hi there

Does anyone know how long you have to decide when to start children at primary school (Sept or Jan)? I know that we will be allocated the place on 11 April, but have just got an ENT apt for my son, who has possible hearing problem, on 19th April. Ideally we don't want to decide until after the appointment!!

Thanks

Generally if a child is born at the beginning of a school year they start in September and if they're younger start in January. The school I work at have started taking the younger children in September if the parents want their children to start sooner. My advice would be to speak to the school about your concerns. If there is a problem they will work with you to help your child.

Yes, starting from last year, there is now much more choice about when they start at all schools- I already have a child at the school and know the system. The issue relates to the ENT apt more than anything else, and I just wondered if anyone knew exactly what date the decision about starting needed to be made. Thanks anyway.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but good luck with the ENT appointment