Who Remembers Donkey Man's In Sheffield?

I never went as a younger Rampent - was it any good?

I never went as a younger Rampent - was it any good?

Yeah, I went. It was a little intimidating to the outsiders, but decent enough peeps, good tunes (on vinyl too!). The reputation was worst than the reality. Although, some of the clientele would 'test' you out, and if you were soft, would try an' pull a fast'un. :hihi:

Glad it closed down...it was a place that attracted all the "low life" unfortunately who spoiled it for everyone else! When it was in it's early days it was good but as the years rolled on the Red Stripe and odd spliff changed to guns and hard drugs...sad really!

It was a great night out or early morning but got to agree it went downhill .....xxx

Some sort of club/pub, I'm guessing? What, when, where, would be useful.

And shouldn't it be in History and Ex-pats? :)

Some sort of club/pub, I'm guessing? What, when, where, would be useful.

And shouldn't it be in History and Ex-pats? :)

Donkey mans was a place you went more or less after the night clubs closed till the early mornings normally leaving around 6 am in the morning lots of smoking and drinking going on I didnt smoke but still a good night out was on spital hill then moved further up burngreave never saw any trouble all my friends went .

Edited by sand_dollars

you could never have anything like that these days

you could never have anything like that these days

LOLOL you would be surprised ....x

I lived almost next door as a young un, if I wasn't asleep by the time the music started, I didn't get to sleep.

But it was hard to hold it against Donkey Man, he was an alright chap (provided you weren't on his bad side).

Someone robbed my mum in there once, and they got about a dozen steps before he was pounced on by other clientele.

We have received information that the owner of this establishment has passed away.

He passed away peacefully in his sleep on the morning of 16th of July at the age of 86.