BBC Sport Relief - A bit cheeky?

Yeah it happens here but there is social services to get involved if the child is suffering, they have nothing over there, so why bring children into a world where you can afford to feed them let alone anything else?

They should either shut there legs or stick something on the end of it, this would also bring down the amount of AID's being spread about.

I think its against their religion to use contraception, as silly as it is. And, once they are married, if their man wants to have sex with them, they have little choice. Thats just the way it works over there, they know nothing else.

Am I missing something here?

I thought that 'Sport Relief' should go to sport facilities here in the UK not for giving to Africa to solve their health problems?

This Country already gives a huge amount of money to overseas aid and has Red Nose Day for these charities. The money doesn't get to the people that need it anyway - their government spends it.

Am I missing something here?

I thought that 'Sport Relief' should go to sport facilities here in the UK not for giving to Africa to solve their health problems?

This Country already gives a huge amount of money to overseas aid and has Red Nose Day for these charities. The money doesn't get to the people that need it anyway - their government spends it.

Sports relief is the same charity as comic relief, but comic relief fundraising is done by comedians etc and sport relief is done by sports people.

I think its against their religion to use contraception, as silly as it is. And, once they are married, if their man wants to have sex with them, they have little choice. Thats just the way it works over there, they know nothing else.

:loopy: Men should be chemically castrated then :hihi:

Sports relief is the same charity as comic relief, but comic relief fundraising is done by comedians etc and sport relief is done by sports people.

Except it seems to be comedians doing sporting things to raise money! Aargh, my head hurts now :hihi:

Except it seems to be comedians doing sporting things to raise money! Aargh, my head hurts now :hihi:

I guess its not just sportsmen then, but sporting stuff in general, rather than acting like complete fools as they would on comic relief? :lol:

I'm pretty sure that our own house already has purified water delivered to it, and no risk of dying of cholera or other diseases brought about by not having access to clean water.

Are there any properties, anywhere in the whole of Great Britain, for which this is not true?

Yes I agree and I still donate to charities but there's an awful lot of money which has been poured in to Third World countries, and surely there is contraception available which should be overseen - I would not want to bring a child into the world where it would have little quality of life and suffering near starvation :(

I used to donate every year to comic Relief but stopped when, like others have stated, the problem never changed or seem to improve. If I thought the money was going to condoms or even better an injection that lasts 5 years, I would start giving again. I just don't see how providing mosquito nets etc will help long term. The kids will just grow up, have multiple kids themselves, and the problem gets inherently worse, generation on generation. Stop them having kids and there will be more of everything to go round.

I used to donate every year to comic Relief but stopped when, like others have stated, the problem never changed or seem to improve. If I thought the money was going to condoms or even better an injection that lasts 5 years, I would start giving again. I just don't see how providing mosquito nets etc will help long term. The kids will just grow up, have multiple kids themselves, and the problem gets inherently worse, generation on generation. Stop them having kids and there will be more of everything to go round.

Exactly the problems are just too big to throw money at.

Some country's need a revolution really to force change.

Yeah it happens here but there is social services to get involved if the child is suffering, they have nothing over there

Without resorting to comments that will get us into a circular argument, 'they have nothing', hence they need help. If we have to rely on social services to get it right, then I'm not sure we have a moral high ground.

[...] so why bring children into a world where you can['t?] afford to feed them let alone anything else?

... because that's how nature works, perhaps?

If there was no TV/no media/ no information exchange (as like in the past), then we wouldn't give a s**t about these people, because we wouldn't know about it, it's a simple as that. However, since we have this knowledge (and embrace information exchange), and we have evolved into creatures with emotions about other people, then some people with access to information (i.e. us) have the option to choose whether to help them (whether it works or not).

They should either shut there legs or stick something on the end of it, this would also bring down the amount of AID's being spread about.

I wouldn't have bothered writing the beginning of my post had I read this.

'their', 'over there'... depends on where you're talking about.

And depends who invaded them first.

Without a doubt this is one of the most appalling comments on charity I have seen in a long time and it depresses me that I live in a country where people who house these views exist.

You should hang your head in shame.

Not really - i have the solution to all drought forevermore..........irrigate Africa and cure the problem instead of trotting out the begging bowl year on year for the symptoms.

Either im a visionary or there is a perverse benefit to maintaining the status quo in which case we have to look at who may benefit.

Are you one of the salaried senior managers of a charity by any chance and if so which comes first - purchase of the vaccine or your salary in organising the purchase ?

Edited by Hemibr

Not really - i have the solution to all drought forevermore..........irrigate Africa and cure the problem instead of trotting out the begging bowl year on year for the symptoms.

Either im a visionary or there is a perverse benefit to maintaining the status quo in which case we have to look at who may benefit.

Are you one of the salaried senior managers of a charity by any chance and if so which comes first - purchase of the vaccine or your salary in organising the purchase ?

The money donated in overseas aid, either by the state or charities, pales into insignificance when compared with the amount needed to irrigate a continent. Have you looked at a map, Africa's quite large?

Your cynicism, however, would easily cover it.