The last newhall and attercliffe/brightside reunion

the Kitchen brothers on sanderson st the elder of the two was Roger and Joe his younger brother.at the reunion on the 13/10/12 we were talking with Raymond Wiggley ,he lived in the yard across from the Kitchens his address was don rd.

11 plus is right. Diane Smith lived at the far end of Don Rd near to Dane Street, unless it's another Diane Smith. Still, it's great to hear from you Dizzybabe. Still can't get over the fact we lived in the same house! Keep posting.

Roger was at the reunion Alemap? Wish I'd known, I didn't see him. I used to drink with Joe right up to his tragic death, but haven't seen Roger for donkeys years. Did speak to Ray Wiggley though.

Sorry if i confused you. when i put we, i meant my hubby John Holland and myself were talking with Raymond Wiggley. don't think Roger was there

Thanks for that. I think I misread it as well. John Holland, I remember that name. I'm Pete Taylor. I knew John but he may remember my older brother Alan rather than me.

Hi Alemap. Of course it was Roger Kitchen, that's the third time I've referred to him as Roy. Must be a mental block or I know someone else by that name.I lived next door but one to Ray Wiggley with the Mitchell clan in between us.

I'm still trying to contact Irene Mellor who lived off Don Rd.on the last cul de sac before the steel works started. Anyone???

You should have mentioned it to me Trev. I was talking to her brother Graham at the reunion.

11 plus my cousins lived in a cul de sac off Don rd the one as you went towards Brightside ln, Arnold, mary, teresa somersets, June Sothard lived at the end facing Don rd, good chippy right on the corner also on Don rd.June was always my choice for dancing at school ( New hall) best looking girl in my class.

Hi Mick 51. There was also a Mick Somerset in the family, the same age as me. From what you say, you could well have been in the same class at school as 11 Plus and me. Dying to know who you are.

By the way, the two cul de sacs I remember were Ordnance Place and Pagoda Street.

Hey Don rd Dude, l'm really a Michael Somerset, lived at 508 Brightside ln, as soon as i saw Ordnance place the light came on thats where my cousins lived and l hung around with Arnold Somerset. My older brother was Billy and my elder sister was Pat.So who are you???.

Hi Mick Somerset.

I think June's name was 'Stoddart' I'm Trevor Riley. 31 Don rd.

My dad used to go fishing with a Mr.Somerset who would be well in his 70's if not older by now. They used to go in the Forge pub.

We all went to a place called Kirkstead on the river Whitham about 1960!I hated fishing!! Dad's name was Walter.