What's wrong with my netbook?

Hi Wonder if anyone could help. The other day I went to power up my Samsung netbook and the screen was blank. The backlight is on but there are. I graphics ect. Is there anything I can do or is it knackered.

Take out the battery and charger, hold power button down for about 30 seconds then put battery back in and try switch it on.

Your post is not very clear. Are you saying the screen is blank or has rubbish on it? Does it light up when you turn it on? is there a very feint image?

Does it have an external monitor connection so you can see if it works on an external monitor?

Do the lights come on and off when you press the caps and num lock keys? If it has no lights, do you have a USB keybpard you can plug in and see if it is responding?

Where abouts are you?

I turn it on and the screen is completley blank but lit up. There is nothing at all on it.

Sounds like the screen is dead, have you dropped it or knocked it at all? Screens can be cheap replacements but I couldn't say for sure if it is the screen without testing with an external monitor (if it has a connection for one)

It may even be that the ribbon cable inside has worked its self loose.

Where abouts are you? Someone local to you might be able to take a look at it for you?

What about the other questions?

It could just be a dead screen, or it could be dead. If the keyboard lights go on and off then it indicates that it is functioning. Does it sound like it is loading windows? The hard drive might be quiet but you can usually hear it when it's doing stuff.

No it hasnt Been knocked or anything and i don't know if it has one of those connections n Im in woodhouse

Ye it sounds like its trying to load up n feels like it cos it's always a very quiet machine. N yes when I press caps lock the light comes on

Sounds like the screen is dead, is there anything on the screen at all? Mouse cursor or any image at all or is it just the backlight that comes on?

Defenitly sounds like the screen then, they aren't too expencive to replace, depends on size and if its LED or LCD