Jobson Road, S3

I was born here in 1956, how would I find out what number the house was. as my parents are no longer with us and my sister can't remember. thanks:help:

A Kelly's Directory for 1957 will show all the householders on Jobson Road in 1956 (when the directory would have been compiled). In case it's helpful, here is a scan from the 1954 directory that I happen to have..:)

I went to school with a couple of lads who lived there Maurice is on but Johnny is not and I can't recall the numbers they lived at.

A Kelly's Directory for 1957 will show all the householders on Jobson Road in 1956 (when the directory would have been compiled). In case it's helpful, here is a scan from the 1954 directory that I happen to have..:)

Thanks for that Hillsbro, unfortunatly my family is not on this. thanks again.:thumbsup:

I was born here in 1956, how would I find out what number the house was. as my parents are no longer with us and my sister can't remember. thanks:help:

Have you looked at your birth certificate?

Have you looked at your birth certificate?

I have never seen it...:roll:

Thanks for that Hillsbro, unfortunatly my family is not on this. thanks again.:thumbsup:
Hi - depending on how long you lived there, I also have the 1968 (compiled 1967) directory.

You can obtain a copy of your birth certificate for £9 (£10 from 1 April) from the Sheffield Register Office at the back of the Town Hall, or by post via the G.R.O. website here..:)

Hi - depending on how long you lived there, I also have the 1968 (compiled 1967) directory.

You can obtain a copy of your birth certificate for £9 (£10 from 1 April) from the Sheffield Register Office at the back of the Town Hall, or by post via the G.R.O. website here..:)

Thanks all, Hillsbro could you show me a scan of Meadow st 1954,if you have it.:thumbsup:

Thanks all, Hillsbro could you show me a scan of Meadow st 1954,if you have it.:thumbsup:
Here it is..:)

You da man :clap:

if you have time and don't mind I would like to see same and 1968 for Netherthorpe place. as I grew up around there until it was all torn down.

My Grandad's family, who were called Gabbitass,  lived on and around Jobson Road from approx. 1890 to 1927.  The family came from Newark to Sheffield in about 1879 and initially lived at 7, Ct Meadow Street, then 283 St Philip's Road.  Sarah Jane and William Martin Gabbitass had 14 children - 3 of whom died young. Their daughter, my Great grandmother Maud Gabbitass was born at No. 48 Jobson Road in 1890. In 1901 the family were living at 95 Allen Street.

By 1910 they moved to No. 36 Jobson Road. Maud was married from No. 36 in 1914 to Ernest Maris.  Number 36 is described as a 5 room house on the 1911 census. Their son Ronald Maris was born at no. 36 in 1915 and Maud's mother died there in 1927.

Incidentally,  Maud's brother in law Philip Carr  was the keeper of the Royal Hotel Pub on Finlay St from around 1901  - 1911.