Sky HD box from eBay

If I bought a used sky hd box from eBay would I be able to subscribe to sky with that box or would sky have to send me a new one.

Reason I ask is that I want to take advantage of an offer they've got for customers who've recently left them but when I left them last time I sold my box on eBay so if I bought a second hand one would I be ok

I think you get a new box from sky anyway, as you buy the box with your subscription. If your on virgin then you ren the box from them, hence the free repairs.

They've sent me card already but I cancelled the order when they said I would have to pay £200 for a new box

they've sent me card already but i cancelled the order when they said i would have to pay £200 for a new box

£200 the robbing towrags we paid £50 and installed it ourselves

They've sent me card already but I cancelled the order when they said I would have to pay £200 for a new box

They must charge you then if youve been a customer before. Get on virgin, you get more for your money.

I AM on virgin at the moment but they are charging me £20 for sky sports but with this sky offer they said they would give me All the movies and all the sports with the he package for £23 pm with a £50 cash back too.

Would a second hand box work?

Guest sibon
I AM on virgin at the moment but they are charging me £20 for sky sports but with this sky offer they said they would give me All the movies and all the sports with the he package for £23 pm with a £50 cash back too.

Would a second hand box work?

I've got the same offer. I'm going to buy a second hand box and take them up on it.

A second hand box works just fine :) You have to call them to get the viewing card paired to the box, and this can take a few calls and a bit of patience, but there's no problem with using another box.

They must charge you then if youve been a customer before. Get on virgin, you get more for your money.

Not really.

Just phone them, they'll send out a new card which once received and put into the box, phone them again, they will pairt the card to teh box and you'll be working within minutes

Good luck

u can buy a secondhand box phone them up and give them the numbers off the box and its all done