Congratulations, torch-bearers, John the pram man in particular

Who's up for a bit of donating to get John his torch for free?

I'm in!

It's about time Sheffield gave something back for all the hard work he does day in and day out.

Thats a great idea,be nice if sheffield forum could buy it for him,wouldnt have a clue how to go about it though.

Thats a great idea,be nice if sheffield forum could buy it for him,wouldnt have a clue how to go about it though.

I'd guess the best way for us all to donate would be for a mod, or other person we would trust completely, to set up a PayPal account that we could all donate to for it.

Hi Everyone - brilliant news about John. He is a legend. I met him on my second day of working for Macmillan. He is a lovely man with a heart of gold and nominating him for this was our way of saying 'Thank you' for doing what you do. Whatever the weather he pushes that pram, but not only does he raise money he also inspires so many people to do the same. He really is one in a million and I'd be amazed if Queen's Honours didn't happen at some point - although I'm not sure the Pram would be let into the Palace :)

Anyway, I hope you can help me with something.

Today I was with John for a launch of a very unique in aid of Macmillan. We all know that John has always walked alone, but he is going to lead a one-off walk on Sunday 17 June - Father's Day (3miles or 10miles).

It's called The Sheffield Walk and we're asking people to walk with him, but it's a walk with a difference...you can wear a green wig and foam hand, and help us invade Sheffield with our own army of ‘Mad Walkers’ for the day!

You can find out more here - http://www.macmillan.org.uk/sheffieldwalk

I would really appreciate it if you could help to spread the word about this walk, as for every walker that takes part and raises for example £75- that's three hours of nursing care we can provide here - so it's the most meaningful miles people will ever walk.

You can see a pic (sorry if link doesn't work I'm a bit rubbish at this!) of the launch photo...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002416606162&ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?fbid=263482387075646&set=a.125505154206704.27737.100002416606162&type=1&theater

Thanks everyone.

Rob Turner - Macmillan - Sheffield

Who's up for a bit of donating to get John his torch for free?

I'm in!

It's about time Sheffield gave something back for all the hard work he does day in and day out.

Great idea, mods could we start a sticky thread asking for just £1 or £2 from anyone who wants to contribute?

Shared ROb's post on face book - already got a few friends interested in it ! :)

Hi Everyone - brilliant news about John. He is a legend. I met him on my second day of working for Macmillan. He is a lovely man with a heart of gold and nominating him for this was our way of saying 'Thank you' for doing what you do. Whatever the weather he pushes that pram, but not only does he raise money he also inspires so many people to do the same. He really is one in a million and I'd be amazed if Queen's Honours didn't happen at some point - although I'm not sure the Pram would be let into the Palace :)

Anyway, I hope you can help me with something.

Today I was with John for a launch of a very unique in aid of Macmillan. We all know that John has always walked alone, but he is going to lead a one-off walk on Sunday 17 June - Father's Day (3miles or 10miles).

It's called The Sheffield Walk and we're asking people to walk with him, but it's a walk with a difference...you can wear a green wig and foam hand, and help us invade Sheffield with our own army of ‘Mad Walkers’ for the day!

I would really appreciate it if you could help to spread the word about this walk, as for every walker that takes part and raises for example £75- that's three hours of nursing care we can provide here - so it's the most meaningful miles people will ever walk.

You can see a pic (sorry if link doesn't work I'm a bit rubbish at this!) of the launch photo...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002416606162&ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?fbid=263482387075646&set=a.125505154206704.27737.100002416606162&type=1&theater

Thanks everyone.

Count me, my wife and my daughter in. We'd better only do three miles though, my daughter will no doubt be on my shoulders most of the way round because she's only 3 so it she might get a bit heavy for 10 miles. I'll follow the link and get us registered

(snip) Today I was with John for a launch of a very unique in aid of Macmillan. We all know that John has always walked alone, but he is going to lead a one-off walk on Sunday 17 June - Father's Day (3miles or 10miles).

(snip)

Thanks everyone.

Sadly, I can't take part in the walk, Rob, but I will do my best to put a wild green wig on, and come to the venue, in order to cheer John and his co-"conspirators" ;) on

Count me and OH in for 17th June , John is such an inspirational man , and deserves our support all the way !

if a donation page has been set up to help buy the torch, can someone post a link, I would love to donate

Congratulations John... Can I just let everyone know there is a facebook page for John "The pram man"... would love for you all to like it, thank you:D

do you know how we can get hold of the green wigs and foam hands??

thanks