Any wooden pallets going spare?

I'm currently hoping to find about 5 or 6 wooden pallets, to build an 'insect mansion' out of on my allotment. A bit like this one, if anyone is curious!

http://www.metrofieldguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/wildlife-trust-insect-hotel-1024x727.jpg

If anyone has any pallets, or knows where I might find some, please let me know.

Thanks everyone

Hannah

Try B&Q, Wickes E.t.c i allways see them chucking old pallets in the Biffa bins, Im sure that they wouldent mind you taking some.

Hope this helps

Oh wow, that insect mansion looks amazing!! Good luck with it!

Yeah, I would speak to construction companies, they throw away any that have a bit of broken wood.

Also, might be worth getting in touch with local businesses who have anything delivered in large quantities... my partner brings a pallet or 2 a week from his office in Leeds for our community allotment. The office below get supplies delivered for their business and then have no need for the pallets and chuck them! There must be plenty of places in Sheffield that do this too..

Thanks for posting. Good idea :)

The place near toolstation always has pallets Im sure they should have some spare.

There is one outside my house in S13 7PA, near Market Square that I am hoping someone will remove. You can't miss it.

The place near toolstation always has pallets Im sure they should have some spare.

Which ones toolstation now?

There is one outside my house in S13 7PA, near Market Square that I am hoping someone will remove. You can't miss it.

Too far for me, but hopefully someone will come and get it for you! In fact, I'm sure of it.. so many times I've seen a pallet just dumped and then later on when I've gone to get it, it's been taken!

Perhaps we should have a 'Pallet Spotted' thread! If someone sees a dumped pallet, they could report here and those of us looking for pallets can go and get them.

Yeah, which one is Toolstation?

love the insect mansion, now know what im going to do with the broken pallets on my allotment excellent!!! there always seems to be pallets outside the large tile stores near meadowhall.