What charger do I need for Nikon Coolpix S3100?

eurovision

I just bought one second hand but it came without a charger. It looks like mini USB but I think that that is what my phone takes and it seems to be slimmer and fatter than that size as my phone charger does not fit.

I know chargers can be found so cheap on eBay but I wonder if those with Nikon Coolpix S3100 in the title are charging too much, and I just want a mains charger.

Thanks for your help!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=nikon+s3100+charger&_sacat=0&_sop=2&_odkw=nikon+coolpix+s3100+charger&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

You need to take the battery out & put it in a special custom charger, they cost more than usb chargers, I don't think it can charge by usb. The usb socket is a standard mini usb (your phone is micro usb). Mini-usb cables are very cheap, I got one for a penny with free postage from ebay, but I'm pretty sure that it wont charge it.

• 2 weeks later...

Rayman I am ever so sorry. I just read this now. I found one, an actual Nikon one, for £14. There were three in a Buy It Now and they went fast, taken from the boxes of faulty cameras.

anywebsite I thought exactly the same but this plugs directly into the camera.