My Labrador has been attacked again

Labradors are usually quiet and friendly dogs, whereas Alsatians bark a lot and show aggression. I think Staffordshire Bull Terriers sense they've 'met their match' and so stay clear of Alsations.

:huh: Not sure you can generalise these breeds quite like that. certainly not my experience of these breeds or my understanding of them.

I dont believe German Shepherds show aggression anymore than any other dog unless theyv been trained to do so, like police dogs.

Most staffies are lovely friendly creatures, its just a shame that they are targeted as status dogs and are given their bad reputation. however, if a dog feels a need to be aggressive, it will do so to any breed, as they dont see a difference like we do. my cocker thinks she is a great dane and my great dane thinks she is a cocker and tries to get the places she does (with a confused look on her face :loopy:). many small/toy dogs have had a go at my great danes, who could crush them in their mouth if they were that way inclined but the little dogs dont see that.

I don't go anywhere now without a cat or two to throw as a diversionary tactic while we make good our escape.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I have a small chinese crested, never off the lead, many times ive walked her and had to scoop her up quickly when other dogs have bounded up to us, shouts of "its ok my dogs friendly" dont really help when youve got a large dog jumping up at you whilst holding your own dog in the air!!!. As for the comment about taking a stick to hit a dog, i believe thers no bad dogs simply bad owners, unfortunatly that fact will never change.

Our four year old Lab has once again been attacked, last time it was the landlady of the Ridgeway Arms's Rottweilers whilst we sat in the pub garden.

This time after walker over the the fields at Ridgeway last night we came out behind the Wheel Pub at Mosborough a customers Staff Bull Terrier (not on a lead) shot out of the pub and attacked our dog.

This time we ended up with a £70 vets bill, why do people let dangerous dogs run free, our dog is the biggest softie going, be aware all dog walkers, when walking around Ridgeway keep your eyes peeled for these dogs.

This time I will be going to the police to try and get the vets bill paid by the owner !:mad:

I know how you feel :( my poor cat was mauled by a staffi last year on our own garden !

He was sat on the door step when the door came bursting into the porch area and jumped on him. I was horrified I was desperately trying to get out the door and couldn't find my keys. I got out and had to pull the dog off it was going mental.I was in a right old state and so was my cat :(

The youth stood and watch and didn't even help, I was going bonkers at him, he called me a few names and said look at what your cats done to my dog :o talk about cheek!!

My poor cat ran for dear life staright up a tree on across the road. He went up about 30ft no exaggeration :( I had a huge to get a ladder to him down. He was soo shaken up. The vet said he was very lucky that he escaped any punchers and had badley bruised his back legs he was wobbly for a week or so :( it cost me £75.

I called local council and police. The police more or less laughed at me and said come on dogs will always chase cats :( . We all know this but in my opinion something has to be done about these huge bull terrier status dogs!!!

Don't get me wrong a love dogs, but I feel the whole process of responsible dog keeping has gone out the window!!!

Bring back the dog licence I say and a new law to keep your dog on a leash in a public area...

@rgratts Stop complaining and take positive action if you feel strongly about it.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22631

Thanks for the petition.I've signed it :) Lets hope its makes a difference I shall be forwarding this on to my friends.

I did take action, as refer to in the post, both to police and council.

Thanks for the petition.I've signed it :) Lets hope its makes a difference I shall be forwarding this on to my friends.

I did take action, as refer to in the post, both to police and council.

As indeed you should but lodging a complaint to the above is unlikely to bring about change, hopefully as you say the petition will.

If only to balance things a little; although having read many threads on the subject it will hardly dent the bias, but many of these so called status dogs suffer greatly at the hands of their 'owner' in order to make them how they are but hey, it's a subject that just revolves.

I am the owner of a labradoodle, the softest dog you could ever meet.

Yet he is a target to pit-bull type dogs whose owners look on while they attempt to bite chunks out of him.

Can't really blame the dogs but you can certainly expect better from their owners.

I am the owner of a labradoodle, the softest dog you could ever meet.

Yet he is a target to pit-bull type dogs whose owners look on while they attempt to bite chunks out of him.

Can't really blame the dogs but you can certainly expect better from their owners.

Sell it and get a harder dog, problem partially solved.

Not really sure about the petition, it's hard enough to own a dog as it is with so many opinionated people and people who dont understand dogs or their behaviour.

I think it would be better to educate people about dogs. like how to understand basic canine body language and behaviour, how to act around dogs, dog laws, the number of dogs in rescues etc

if people were better educated it would bring much better results. i contacted my local council asking for info on dog laws and what was enforced in my area, as part of my study towards my ADTB qualification. i received a generic email back saying my enquiry had been forwarded onto the relevant person then heard nothing ever since. so if dog laws are changed/new ones come in, what difference will it really make in the real world?

Sell it and get a harder dog, problem partially solved.

Why stop there?

Sell 'it' and buy a lion?

Flaming dog owners. Only the other day some idiot thought it was ok to not have their dog on the lead and had the nerve to have a go at me for kicking the dog when it decided to jump all over me.