2012 budget - will you be getting screwed?

But I have an ample supply of DUTY FREE already?

If he reduced duty on cigs I would consider buying them from shop...

Conservatives really are the party of low tax. Nobody paying tax on UK ciggies as they all buy duty free.

...... but that theory in Georges mind only works if you earn silly money.:hihi:

Packets of cigarettes to go up by 37p while alcohol cost increased by 5%:o

Quick run to the shops to stock up guys, you've only got an hour before the budget takes effect at 6pm. (better not drive because it's 3p per ltr more on fuel)

...... and yes the old dear gets shafted but if your earning over £3000.00 a week you get a big tax cut.

Alcohol duty isn't going up and petrol duty is not going up till August.

This morning there was a tory from the treasury select committee saying that cutting the 50p tax rate would help stimulate growth. If thats the case then why not cut the duty on fuel which will cut costs and maybe people will buy more.:confused:

This morning there was a tory from the treasury select committee saying that cutting the 50p tax rate would help stimulate growth. If thats the case then why not cut the duty on fuel which will cut costs and maybe people will buy more.:confused:

Thanks, I stand corrected that'll teach me for headline scanning.

Especially on the daily mail website too. :blush:

I hope alcohol goes up a lot

Well , nothing surprising today in the budget , the usual suspects being hammered , Drinkers, Drivers and smokers.

Alcohol DUTY is going up 2% above inflation. 5p on a pint...

Baccy DUTY is going up 5% above inflation instead of 2% above inflation.

We'll get rogered, apart from the Eton Old Boys

Boys at Eton get rogered more than anyone.

Everytime I look at George Osbourne why do I think Josef Goebbels?

Because you're a bit daft??

But I have an ample supply of DUTY FREE already?

If he reduced duty on cigs I would consider buying them from shop...

Conservatives really are the party of low tax. Nobody paying tax on UK ciggies as they all buy duty free.

And where do you get your duty free fags from? :suspect:

You really are a "owt for nowt" kind of person, aren't you :P

And where do you get your duty free fags from? :suspect:

You really are a "owt for nowt" kind of person, aren't you :P

Non smoking friends bring it back for me as a gift. All above board.

And I am an owt for nowt type of person. I can't walk past a skip!

How can Osborne use gold sales as an attack? "You sold something, then a decade later it got more expensive" Well so has oil...and Mars bars

Pretty simple, that gold was our back up plan if we ever got too deep in trouble, and even in the good times gordon brown's money pot was running empty so he sold off our get out jail card for what is a relative pittance, oh and i forgot to mention he actually told everyone what he was going to do, thus causing the market to drive the prices down so it could be bought even cheaper, what an utter moron !

Pretty simple, that gold was our back up plan if we ever got too deep in trouble, and even in the good times gordon brown's money pot was running empty so he sold off our get out jail card for what is a relative pittance, oh and i forgot to mention he actually told everyone what he was going to do, thus causing the market to drive the prices down so it could be bought even cheaper, what an utter moron !

The gold was sold to put cash into the banks before the ATMs ran dry within 2 days. I rather him told us what he was going to than going behind our back.

The gold was sold to put cash into the banks before the ATMs ran dry within 2 days. I rather him told us what he was going to than going behind our back.

What are you blithering about??