Brightside Lane closed 20-03-2012, 17:00

R.I.P Adrian ..always a laugh at school all those years ago xxx

R.I.P adrian only found out today. such a nice nice bloke our thoughts are with his daughter and his family from everyone at roplas

This was my uncle that got killed!!! such a great bloke with everything to live for!!....but his life got tragically taken away from us by an 85year old driver that apparently went through a red light!!.... Now in august we are still waiting for justice to be done!!!... but whatever happens it doesnt matter cus he had a life didnt he!!!! I think that drivers over the age of 65 should have some kind of test every year who agrees!!!!!... My family chain is broke and we are still hurting so much!!!.... :(

This was my uncle that got killed!!! such a great bloke with everything to live for!!....but his life got tragically taken away from us by an 85year old driver that apparently went through a red light!!.... Now in august we are still waiting for justice to be done!!!... but whatever happens it doesnt matter cus he had a life didnt he!!!! I think that drivers over the age of 65 should have some kind of test every year who agrees!!!!!... My family chain is broke and we are still hurting so much!!!.... :(

I totally agree with what you are saying littleen76, drivers over a certain age should be forced to take a hazard awareness test as well as a full medical.

I hope you and your family get justice.

Adrian was a really close friend of mine and will be sadly missed.

It was completely tragic what happened and no one could have imagined it would happen to such a nice person.

I totally agree with what you are saying littleen76, drivers over a certain age should be forced to take a hazard awareness test as well as a full medical.

I hope you and your family get justice.

Adrian was a really close friend of mine and will be sadly missed.

It was completely tragic what happened and no one could have imagined it would happen to such a nice person.

thank-you and well said!!!.... Adrian was a credit to a lot of people!!!

Escaped prison for taking another persons life?

I feel quite sick after reading that.

I so feel for the family of the man who died.

I just hope karma gets this old fool and pays him back in spades.

:(

---------- Post added 20-06-2013 at 09:08 ----------

Sentencing him, Judge Watson told Farrar: “All I can do is balance the need to impose punishment for your bad driving with the need to do justice to reflect your blameless, hard working and productive 87 years of life, and the horror at what you have done.”

So if you work hard all your life you can take someone else's off them and not face prison.

Marvellous!!

Edited by Just Sarah

Another fine example of the British justice system, this country makes me sick.

A life for a life is what I say,

Devastating result

A life for a life is what I say,

The sentence seems very lenient & I think I'd be feeling very bitter if I was a family member of the victim but you want to kill an 87 year old bloke for going through a red light? Really?

Also what is the benefit of shoving an 87 year old in prison, he is hardly going to re-offend again and will live with enormous guilt for the rest of his life.

I'd rather see a 18 year old scroat from the Manor who has shoplifted 100 times in the last 6 months locked up instead.

Also what is the benefit of shoving an 87 year old in prison, he is hardly going to re-offend again and will live with enormous guilt for the rest of his life.

I'd rather see a 18 year old scroat from the Manor who has shoplifted 100 times in the last 6 months locked up instead.

And the article makes no mention of it but I assume he won't be driving again either, either through enforcement or his own choice.