Baroness Ashton what a disgrace

I don't. I was asking if you did, since you appear to have an issue with Ashton comparing these deaths to other killings of children.

No, just the timing of it my friend :)

''When we remember young people who have been killed in all sorts of terrible circumstances – the Belgian children having lost their lives in a terrible tragedy and when we think of what happened in Toulouse, when we remember what happened in Norway a year ago, when we know what is happening in Syria, when we see what is happening in Gaza and in different parts of the world – we remember young people and children who lose their lives.''

So can anyone tell me what she is supposed to have said that is so wrong?

the Baroness did not mention what is happening daily in the southern part of Israel, where Jewish schoolchildren live in constant fear of being obliterated by missiles launched from Gaza. Perhaps, in her mind, the Jewish children of Israel deserve everything that comes their way.

They I belive do there best to target terrorists who knows how many children and school would be bombed if left unchecked

Israel is a free and democratic society,in Gaza they teach hate as in Iran

the murder of Jewish children in Toulouse is a tragedy which merits a focus all of its own. To equate the tragedy with the situation in Gaza is utterly reprehensible, and manifest evidence her own inability to distinguish between that which is evil and immoral and that which is just and moral. She is a disgrace to the European Union, and bring shame upon the United Kingdom. She is ignorant of the facts and quite out of her depth. Doubtless she is too pig-headed to retract and apologise for the statement, and too obdurate and unyielding to resign. So, we are stuck with her. Frankly, she alone make the case for being Better Off Out.

the Baroness did not mention what is happening daily in the southern part of Israel, where Jewish schoolchildren live in constant fear of being obliterated by missiles launched from Gaza. Perhaps, in her mind, the Jewish children of Israel deserve everything that comes their way.

They I belive do there best to target terrorists who knows how many children and school would be bombed if left unchecked

the murder of Jewish children in Toulouse is a tragedy which merits a focus all of its own. To equate the tragedy with the situation in Gaza is utterly reprehensible, and manifest evidence her own inability to distinguish between that which is evil and immoral and that which is just and moral. She is a disgrace to the European Union, and bring shame upon the United Kingdom. She is ignorant of the facts and quite out of her depth. Doubtless she is too pig-headed to retract and apologise for the statement, and too obdurate and unyielding to resign. So, we are stuck with her. Frankly, she alone make the case for being Better Off Out.

So what, she didn't mention what is happening in Uganda or DR Congo or India or Columbia or Brazil etc etc To have listed every place where children are killed would have taken her all night.

What she did say was

''When we remember young people who have been killed in all sorts of terrible circumstances – the Belgian children having lost their lives in a terrible tragedy and when we think of what happened in Toulouse, when we remember what happened in Norway a year ago, when we know what is happening in Syria, when we see what is happening in Gaza and in different parts of the world – we remember young people and children who lose their lives.''

Are you against that statement? Do you think we shouldn't remember young and people and children who lose their lives.....NO MATTER WHERE THEY LIVE?

So what, she didn't mention what is happening in Uganda or DR Congo or India or Columbia or Brazil etc etc To have listed every place where children are killed would have taken her all night.

What she did say was

Are you against that statement? Do you think we shouldn't remember young and people and children who lose their lives.....NO MATTER WHERE THEY LIVE?

So you are saying mentioning Gaza was incidental? This lady job is as a diplomat the best paid one ever more than Clinton more than Obama more than Merkel 400,000 plus a year, the Gaza comment is a political one, she knows it.I know it and Israel know it.

She is entitled to her opinion no matter how misguided and uneducated it may be.

As a British subject: yes, she is.

As an official EU representative: no, she is not.

So you are saying mentioning Gaza was incidental? This lady job is as a diplomat the best paid one ever more than Clinton more than Obama more than Merkel 400,000 plus a year, the Gaza comment is a political one, she knows it.I know it and Israel know it.

Her job is EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security, a political appointment, so she's entitled to make political comments. Are you complaining that she makes political comments or that she makes political comments you disagree with?

Her job is EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security, a political appointment, so she's entitled to make political comments. Are you complaining that she makes political comments or that she makes political comments you disagree with?

Well firstly is she is not elected and secondly I'm glad we agree it is a political comment

And lastly it plan wrong

Well firstly is she is not elected and secondly I'm glad we agree it is a political comment

And lastly it plan wrong

It's irrelevant whether she's elected or not. She was appointed by the EU to speak on its behalf.

better off out ? why ? just because she doesnt share your opinion ?

How has this woman who has never won an election come to resresent and speak for the entire peoples of Europe on matters of external foreign relations? This EU is truly anti-democratic.

Baroness Ashton: "When we think about what happened today in Toulouse...we see what is happening in Gaza”

The murder of Jewish children in Toulouse is a tragedy what happens in Gaza

is the Israel defence force defending its own school children from terrorists rockets.

She should be sacked or is this the EU policy antisemitism

How is criticising Israel anti-semitic? Israel does NOT = Judiaism.

I am oppossed the state of Israel, its very existance is an international crime. The Balfour Declaration is a stain on even Britain's history, which says something when one considers the vile history we have.

However, I have no issue with the Israelites nor the Jewish faith. Am I an anti-semite?

Edited by samshe
perhaps too strongly worded before.

It's irrelevant whether she's elected or not. She was appointed by the EU to speak on its behalf.

Rather underlines the issue with unelected people speaking for entire continents does it not? She says something that is at best insensitive, what does she care? It's not like she has re-election to worry about.