Baroness Ashton what a disgrace

No, just the timing of it my friend :)

I've already asked you - (perhaps you missed it?) - what do you think was wrong about the timing?

Rather underlines the issue with unelected people speaking for entire continents does it not? She says something that is at best insensitive, what does she care? It's not like she has re-election to worry about.

How is it insensitive exactly? She seems to me to be making a comment about the awfulness of children being killed and citing some recent examples - whose sensitivies are you suggesting have been offended?

Edited by Halibut

How is it insensitive exactly? She seems to me to be making a comment about the awfulness of children being killed and citing some recent examples - whose sensitivies are you suggesting have been offended?

Sick jihadi murders several children at point blank range in Toulouse. Sick jihadi cornered, claims was in revenge for children in Gaza, though it now turns out he just couldn't find any soldiers to kill so thought he'd kill some kids as a "next best".

Some silly cow who claims to speak for all of europe then equates those murders as on a level with the ongoing warfare in southern Israel and gaza between hamas terrorists and the people of Israel.

I'm offended. Any European with an iota of morality will be offended.

Sick jihadi murders several children at point blank range in Toulouse. Sick jihadi cornered, claims was in revenge for children in Gaza, though it now turns out he just couldn't find any soldiers to kill so thought he'd kill some kids as a "next best".

Some silly cow who claims to speak for all of europe then equates those murders as on a level with the ongoing warfare in southern Israel and gaza between hamas terrorists and the people of Israel.

I'm offended. Any European with an iota of morality will be offended.

No, she doesn't. She quite specifically equates those murders with other killings of children in various other conflicts. It is a comment about the tragedy of the killing of children.

Quite where you are coming from with your 'Any European' comment I don't know. Is it only europeans who are allowed to care about children being killed?

Are dead Palestinian kids or dead Islraeli less worthy of our sorrow than French ones? What do you mean by that?

How is criticising Israel anti-semitic? Israel does NOT = Judiaism.

I loathe the state of Israel, its very existance is an international crime. The Balfour Declaration is a stain on even Britain's history, which says something when one considers the vile history we have.

However, I have no issue with the Israelites nor the Jewish faith. Am I an anti-semite?

Conflation is quite the art form, it seems.

Ok, so Israel and Judaism is not the most tenuous of links, but when you consider that much of Israeli foreign policy actually seems to create MORE hatred/resentment of Jews, and causes many a Jew to place head in hands, you start to wonder if the people in charge are actually themselves anti-semitic.

No, she doesn't. She quite specifically equates those murders with other killings of children in various other conflicts. It is a comment about the tragedy of the killing of children.

No, she lists some conflicts in which children have been killed, then throws in a cold blooded multiple murder and a coach crash. Deeply stupid.

Quite where you are coming from with your 'Any European' comment I don't know. Is it only europeans who are allowed to care about children being killed?

Are dead Palestinian kids or dead Islraeli less worthy of our sorrow than French ones? What do you mean by that?

Where could I be coming from? Am I saying only Europeans have morality? Only the European feels emotion at the killing of children? The non-Europeans don't care about that sort of thing?

Or, could I be saying "Any European" because this woman is speaking on behalf of Europe and by extension Europeans thus they have a very valid view on the stuff she's spouted as she claims to speak for them?

I've already asked you - (perhaps you missed it?) - what do you think was wrong about the timing?

My answer is clear to all but the ones who wish not to see it. :)

No it isn't. You haven't attempted to answer the question - are people supposed to guess at what you mean?

Please refer me to the post where you explain what is wrong with the timing or I shall have to assume you're just avoiding the question. Thanks.

Dont tell him PIKE .... :hihi:

The timing was poor.

On the day people have died she chooses to make a political point.

Did you mean this? Is there some kind of rule that one can't make poltical points on a day when someone has died?

Bizarre. Is it really a 'political point' to observe that the killing of children is tragic and awful?

No it isn't. You haven't attempted to answer the question - are people supposed to guess at what you mean?

Please refer me to the post where you explain what is wrong with the timing or I shall have to assume you're just avoiding the question. Thanks.

Yes it is my friend.

Post number 34 proves that :)

I fear you are just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.

To what ends i do not know.

Some silly cow who claims to speak for all of europe .....

Rather underlines the issue with unelected people speaking for entire continents does it not?

First, she doesn't claim to speak for an entire continent, just for the EU i.e. not Belarus, Ukraine, Albania, Vatican City, et al. Second, the fact she's unelected is irrelevant. Hillary Clinton is unelected but speaks on behalf of the US administration. Both women were appointed by elected politicians to speak on their behalf. I think you just oppose what she said and rather than just deal with that you also try to undermine her standing. Don't play shoot the messenger when it's the argument you're opposed to, especially when you're making things up.