Motorcycle Lessons

Can anyone recommend any good and reputable companies or instructors that serve the S12 area surrounding Hackenthorpe or do I need to venture out and meet at their place to do my lessons, cheers?

dont go to bike safe hillsbrough bunch of bread heads and you can only pay cash there must some kind of fiddle going on you get a diffrent instructor every time you go that tell you diffrent things how are you going to learn anything like that

Edited by binmanstan

I second that, I did my training there and they're great, I have freinds and family that have also trained with them as well

dont go to bike safe hillsbrough bunch of bread heads and you can only pay cash there must some kind of fiddle going on you get a diffrent instructor every time you go that tell you diffrent things how are you going to learn anything like that

That wasn't my experience but i'm going back 3 years perhaps things have altered. I don't recall paying cash either.

bike safe hah!! do not go there. cbt's fine, but anything above will cost you an arm and leg. husband went with them, passed his cbt, then on to mod one, 100 quid bike hire then on top of that insurance to pay per day, the higher cc bike..the higher price for hire and higher price for insurance, ended up costing us nrly £1000 and he didnt even pass mod one. went to another school..im in charge of finances and saw the money dwindling away so called another school...

http://www.atbtraining.co.uk/

went in for assesment, they put him in for mod one staright away...he passed. then straight onto mod 2. no extra insurance to pay as the company has its own for riders, aswell as supplying leathers, gloves, helmet and bike, all at reasonable cost.

i myself have been down to have a go on a bike, FREE OF CHARGE. 2 hrs instruction on moped, then bike totally free. ive never sat on a bike before let alone ride one, was made to feel totally comfortable (paul) was my instructor, made me feel comfortable and made it fun.

you will hear certain people on here slating the school as one of the instructors is in prison but this in no way affects the schools standards or teaching.

best thing to do is phone them up, go down and visit...be your own judge. but i would give the school as a whole an A+ rating.

Obviously Bike Safe has gone down hill then. Cost me less than £400 for a five day course back then I think, still never mind I passed so what do I care now :D

Having recently completed my bike training with Bikesafe (3 weeks ago), I certainly wouldn't give them a bad review, quite the opposite. I suspect they aren't the cheapest out there, but they are nice helpful people who's main focus, to my mind, was to create safe riders who would last, not a quick pass that will get you killed.

They too provide all the equipment you would need (excluding shoes and trousers, but if you haven't got those you should stay indoors ;) ). There is no hidden costs or extra charges for these. All prices include free tea and coffee as well (which is a must for me :) ).

The only minor thing against them I would say is, they are very keen on direct access, which I suspect is the more expensive course. However, if you're going to get a licence, you might as well get the full one for life, especially before the law changes next year.

The above negative statement almost feels me with disgust at my self though. As after paying my fees almost 2 years ago I fell off the face of the planet (due to personal/family reasons). Reappearing five weeks ago, after numerous unreturned phone calls and other attempts by Bikesafe to contact me, they didn't even blink and honoured what I had paid for.

Bikesafe went out of there way to be nice and to me when most other businesses would have laughed in my face and told me I had lost my money. I can only hope to return some of that gesture with this meagre post.

Others may have had bad experiences, but I can honestly say that all the punters there that I talked to didn't have a bad word to say about anyone of them.

Edited by Dmop

P.S I didn't have to pay cash and I got the same instructor (and fellow trainees) for every session.