How can technology help dementia patients?

I can't find the article I saw earlier on the news, but this seems to be the same article last year, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-12552520

A commonsense approach

- Glass-fronted fridge

- GPS tracker

- De-cluttered rooms

- Recorded message reminders

- Clock with night and day signs

- Uniform flooring

- Brightly-lit rooms

I was just wondering if anyone else had any good ideas for making life easier and more pleasant?

I can't find the article I saw earlier on the news, but this seems to be the same article last year, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-12552520

I was just wondering if anyone else had any good ideas for making life easier and more pleasant?

They have found that showing dementia patients old photos from their past, and playing them songs from their past improves their memories. Also meditation in the early stages improves blood flow to the brain. I believe though that drug treatment is the way ahead at the present moment.

They have found that showing dementia patients old photos from their past, and playing them songs from their past improves their memories. Also meditation in the early stages improves blood flow to the brain. I believe though that drug treatment is the way ahead at the present moment.

I heard about a drug a few years ago (legal in US and most of Europe), which allows more oxygen to bind in the blood (or something), so your blood was oxygenated like after exercising, but without doing anything, started with a 'P', that's all I can remember!

But someone mentioned an article relating to this plant (seeds on amazon) a while back:

Centella asiatica

I heard about a drug a few years ago (legal in US and most of Europe), which allows more oxygen to bind in the blood (or something), so your blood was oxygenated like after exercising, but without doing anything, started with a 'P', that's all I can remember!

But someone mentioned an article relating to this plant (seeds on amazon) a while back:

Centella asiatica

Thats very interesting I will look it up.