Costa Coffee in Broomhill

Bit harsh..are the thousands that enjoy a Costa coffee every day all wrong and yet to taste proper coffee?

It's coffee alright but not as I know it. TBH I feel a bit gippy after drinking coffee from any of the chains like Caffe Nero, Starbucks, Costa in a way that I never do after having one from Remo's, Nonna's, Bragazzi etc. Why do the chains think you want something the size of a footbath?

I'd rather have less but it be of better quality. It's like wine, 4 bottles a week for £4.99 each or spend the same amount on two bottles from a somewhere like Majestic, taking advice from the staff and getting something fabulous.

There will always be room for a good independent shop/supplier, it's hard work but very rewarding for the most part and the world would be a sad place without them.

It's coffee alright but not as I know it. TBH I feel a bit gippy after drinking coffee from any of the chains like Caffe Nero, Starbucks, Costa in a way that I never do after having one from Remo's, Nonna's, Bragazzi etc. Why do the chains think you want something the size of a footbath?

I'd rather have less but it be of better quality. It's like wine, 4 bottles a week for £4.99 each or spend the same amount on two bottles from a somewhere like Majestic, taking advice from the staff and getting something fabulous.

There will always be room for a good independent shop/supplier, it's hard work but very rewarding for the most part and the world would be a sad place without them.

I agree but people always like to knock the big boys. Of course somebody somewhere will always do it better but that doesnt mean what the big boys sell is utter rubbish. If it was they wouldnt be so successful.

The council have recently granted Costa Coffee permission to open in Broomhill, what do you think?

9 posts over 5 years and the other 8 are all about Cream coffee shop, and this one about a rival to Cream coffee shop. You try making out you're just a customer. Hmmm :suspect:

I agree but people always like to knock the big boys. Of course somebody somewhere will always do it better but that doesnt mean what the big boys sell is utter rubbish. If it was they wouldnt be so successful.

I never said it was rubbish, utter rubbish even. It caters for a market.

9 posts over 5 years and the other 8 are all about Cream coffee shop, and this one about a rival to Cream coffee shop. You try making out you're just a customer. Hmmm :suspect:

Well he's drumming up some valuable publicity for Costa's imminent opening!

in my opinion big chains are successful due to good marketing that has hundreds of thousands spent on advertising, which doesnt make up for poor products, there is no consistancy in the coffee made at costa , starmuck etc although Nero probably do the best of the chains, its the hype to the public that super size milky syrupy coffee is the real deal....its not!! so dont try and pretend, italians and other europeans laugh at the english and americans when they see the size of coffees offered:hihi: real coffee is a small espresso shot mixed with a small amount of hot milk or drunk on its own, how anyone can taste the coffee in the huge cups of costa and starmuck is beyond me:gag: think thats why starmuck are doing 3 shots in a big Latte now:gag: support your independants like Remo, Bragazzis,Gusto, seasons, manhattan, Caffetteria:love:

in my opinion big chains are successful due to good marketing that has hundreds of thousands spent on advertising, which doesnt make up for poor products, there is no consistancy in the coffee made at costa , starmuck etc although Nero probably do the best of the chains, its the hype to the public that super size milky syrupy coffee is the real deal....its not!! so dont try and pretend, italians and other europeans laugh at the english and americans when they see the size of coffees offered:hihi: real coffee is a small espresso shot mixed with a small amount of hot milk or drunk on its own, how anyone can taste the coffee in the huge cups of costa and starmuck is beyond me:gag: think thats why starmuck are doing 3 shots in a big Latte now:gag: support your independants like Remo, Bragazzis,Gusto, seasons, manhattan, Caffetteria:love:

Each to their own isnt it. An espresson with a small amount of milk isnt going to quench your thirst. It's ok for them sitting around all day at their street cafe's chatting. We have to work and build up a thirst. We have taken their coffee and done our own thing with it. Coffee has evolved.

Do the Council own the building that One A Roll are in?

The council dont own it no, its a private owner but the council doubled some kind of rates, ive forgot now, because its a bigger shop than it was before.

I have heard that Williamsons is soon to be either a Tesco Express or Sainsbury local.

Great news- should help lift an otherwise tatty shopping area and they serve good coffee & food. They always do a good job of their fit out. They are combining three shops opposite Cream cafe on Fulwood Rd

If Broomhill shops are tatty then god help the rest of us!

Mmmmm......Lemon Cake & Lattes. Never can get enough! Go Costa, I say!

Don't let it be true about Williamson's hardware shop, it's been an institution all the years I've lived in Sheffield. A true, independant gem.