The Avenue Chapeltown ?

Hi , does any know where The Avenue Chapeltown is or was ?.

There is a picture of it in The Barrell pub Chapeltown .The houses in the photo will be long gone but I,m just curious where it was or if anything of it remains,it looked a lovely place .

Any info please .:)

I think it refers to an old road of workers houses behind Newton Gardens. There was a line of trees down the middle of the road which can still be seen on this photo in the grassed area. ( If it's not those trees, they are not far off marking the position of the road !! )

Edited by satman2222

Do you mean Thornclife Row ? There used to be two rows of houses near the Thorncliffe works,you could walk from the houses on to Lane End. I can remember them and I remember them being knocked down, you could see where the houses were for years after.

In the photo which is in The Barrell pub at Lane End it names the road as The Avenue .It was a straight road with houses down both sides and a row of trees down the middle .

Looks like it could be the one satman suggested .

Just thought it strange that I,d never heard of it after living and working in the area for 30 years. Thankyou :)

i agree with it being thorncliffe row.my auntie and uncle lived on there for years i think it got demolished around 1970ish

It is Thorncliffe Row alemap,when I looked at the photo I could see it was as I remember it and also knew people who lived there.

Thankyou , I have heard of Thorncliffe row but not seen a photograph of it . I just wonder why its named as The Avenue on the picture in The Barrel pub ? .

Its near the fireplace if anyones ever in there and wants a look. :)

remember playing down there as a child looking afta bro @ sisters @playing on chocolate hills @ summer hills.great times down there !