Olympic Torch in Sheffield- megathread

Do you care about the olympic flame?  

358 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about the olympic flame?

• Yes - I will go to see it
    • Yes - I care but not enough to go to see it
    • No - Don't care

Sick of hearing about chuffin Olympic Torch they can stick it up their a**e for all I care!

Now that I'd pay to see.

The University Arms, the University of Sheffield’s real ale pub, located on Western Bank next to the Information Commons, will be hosting a family fun day from 4.30pm to celebrate the passing of the torch at 6.24pm. With live music from Sheffield blues band, The Hummingbirds, and a locally sourced BBQ in the newly refurbished beer garden

If anyone wants a summary of everything that's happening today, check this link -

Just watched it at work passing through Wakefield, will also be observing it in Sheffield when I get home.

Why dont you start another thread in case people miss this one?

I think thats rather a silly idea,isn't one enough.;)

Just seen a little yellow Olympic bus parked up on Eccie Rd near Collegiate Crescent. It was empty though, no Torch. :)

I'm still a bit peeved that it won't be visiting South Sheffield at all and yet North Sheffield get two bites of the cherry. :mad:

Will the car park be open in Hillsborough park while all this is going on?

Not sure but there were parking attendants there this morning at 8am giving instructions to people trying to enter when we went past.

Also nice to see that the planners have given no consideration to the offices/businesses surrounding the main stage at City Hall. Sat in our office, the noise from the music being played on the main stage is just silly. There are people in here on the phone to clients and trying to have meetings but all you can hear is the music and then someone shouting loudly into a microphone every 5mins.

Just seen a little yellow Olympic bus parked up on Eccie Rd near Collegiate Crescent. It was empty though, no Torch. :)

I'm still a bit peeved that it won't be visiting South Sheffield at all and yet North Sheffield get two bites of the cherry. :mad:

I live near Ecclesfield,and i'm hoping i won't be the only one who shows up to cheer them as they pass by. :)

I'm not sure who the torchbearer will be though in that area,I think it might be a lovely lady who i have heard about who is visually impaired.

at the minute there running 25 mins late :hihi:

Does anyone know what time the torch is at Hllsbourgh Park and is it going past it or through the park itself. :help: