Olympic Torch in Sheffield- megathread

Do you care about the olympic flame?  

358 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about the olympic flame?

• Yes - I will go to see it
    • Yes - I care but not enough to go to see it
    • No - Don't care

Glad I fixed my bike wheel today...no traffic jams :-)

In fact I'm thinking of running up my road with a candle in half an hour if anyone wants to watch, since apparently that's all terribly exciting.

Glad I fixed my bike wheel today...no traffic jams :-)

In fact I'm thinking of running up my road with a candle in half an hour if anyone wants to watch, since apparently that's all terribly exciting.

Do it starker's and Ill come and cheer you on :D

i've read that the olympic tourch is hitting sheffield on monday and there will be festival type atmosphere. Can anyone shed any light on this? whats happening and where?

There's a belly dance performance in Tudor Square at 3pm and there's a lot going on around barkers pool :)

Helen Sharman isn't carrying it is she, oh my god!!

Ive no idea, I only know what ive put above, but looking at it, if he gets the torch from the first bearer at 16.57, 2 mins later it should be on Ecclesfield Road, so I presume thats where he will give it to bearer number 3 :)
Cheers WW :)

Today's Guardian's Olympic Torch Column features Sheffield and Sheffield Forum

"Olympic torch route, day 38: Sheffield chunters but thousands will turn out

Belly dancers to lead celebrations for the people carrying recession battered community's flame"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jun/25/olympic-torch-route-day-38-sheffield

K.

Belly dancers to lead celebrations for the people carrying recession battered community's flame"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jun/25/olympic-torch-route-day-38-sheffield

K.

What?!?! An article from someone who is living in Sheffield, and refers to the Sheffield Forum but yet John Burkhill is omitted from the list of torchbearers, when John has whole threads to himself!!!! That's pretty shabby.

And the writer is too kind! Asda = W-A-L-M-A-R-T

The sun is shining an I for 1 will enjoy watching the torch being pasted through me an my son are looking forward to it :)

Sick of hearing about chuffin Olympic Torch they can stick it up their a**e for all I care!

apparently that Belly Dancer from Britains Got Talent will be there!!!

I may be there, but all depends on how close to the stage I can get. if theres too many people and nowhere near being able to see whats going on, might as well go back home and watch it on the telly!

K.

Quote from the article:

"Coca-Cola, one of the "presenting partners", has awarded a fifth of the Sheffield torch relay places to Asda nominees, none local, some from faraway Kent, whose achievements appear on their nomination forms: "reaching the target on goods in"; "helps out with the reverse cycle project landing in stores"; "to always strive for world class service and live and breathe the Asda beliefs""

Ooh, I must go cheer them on :rolleyes:

Will the car park be open in Hillsborough park while all this is going on?