Olympic Torch in Sheffield- megathread

Do you care about the olympic flame?  

358 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about the olympic flame?

• Yes - I will go to see it
    • Yes - I care but not enough to go to see it
    • No - Don't care

I got stuck in that traffic jam you're referring to, I was on my way to a girls night out and had to get changed in the car :hihi:

I also work right next door to City Hall and we're still trying to find out how to get in and out of our own building! We've been told there will be barriers and stewards around the building but no-one has told us if we need to show a pass or put our name on a list. Getting out of the car-park on Leopold Street at 5pm is going to be a joke and then we'll get stuck in the traffic trying to get out of the City Centre - great way to spend a Monday evening after being at work all day :(

The torch will still be in the north of Sheffield at 5pm, so you'll get out just fine. It won't be in the city centre for 1 1/2 hours if you're a clock-watcher.

Then again, you could stay in town and enjoy yourself at the festivities.

The torch will still be in the north of Sheffield at 5pm, so you'll get out just fine. It won't be in the city centre for 1 1/2 hours if you're a clock-watcher.

Then again, you could stay in town and enjoy yourself at the festivities.

The barriers go up at 7.30am on Holly Street and Balm Green and then 3pm on Leopold Street. We've just been told that we can exit the car park and turn onto Trippet Lane up to 6.30pm and then car park will be closed off until 7.30pm, so if we leave at bang on 4, hopefully we should get out of the city centre ok.

And call me a kill-joy but the torch ceremony isn't really my cup of tea, after 8 hours in the office I just want to get home and put my slippers on! :D

i've read that the olympic tourch is hitting sheffield on monday and there will be festival type atmosphere. Can anyone shed any light on this? whats happening and where?

stuff happening in barkers pool, dont know what yet but im working it :)

BBC Look North are broadcasting live as the torch passes the Berkeley Precinct part of Ecclesall Road. Not sure who's carrying on that section though??

I wanted to go along to the stretch of road where John Birkhill was walking with the flame, but Im working and we have been told with the tv camera's being there we aren't allowed :(

Not really interested with the flame, but feel John has done so much for cancer research he deserves cheering on in his moment of glory

i've read that the olympic tourch is hitting sheffield on monday and there will be festival type atmosphere. Can anyone shed any light on this? whats happening and where?

Monday 25th June 2012:

Olympic Celebrations will take place in Barkers Pool, Sheffield from 1730 to 2000.

Oh please tell me we will be allowed to see the 'Pram Man' do his thing!

I will severely and royally, be rather angry if we are not allowed to do so!!!

She meant she won't be allowed to be seen on camera in her uniform in the crowd!

I wanted to go along to the stretch of road where John Birkhill was walking with the flame, but Im working and we have been told with the tv camera's being there we aren't allowed :(

Not really interested with the flame, but feel John has done so much for cancer research he deserves cheering on in his moment of glory

Which bit of Chapeltown is he doing? Thats what I plan to do! :D