Olympic Torch in Sheffield- megathread

Do you care about the olympic flame?  

358 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about the olympic flame?

• Yes - I will go to see it
    • Yes - I care but not enough to go to see it
    • No - Don't care

I was outside ecclesfield school cheering John on. There were lots of people there and the children shouted his name and cheered for him as they released their balloons. I have a good pic of him. If someone with an account to upload pics will pm me their email address I can email them a good pic of John to put on here as I don't have photobucket or anything :)

Join photobucket it's free and you can upload pics on here then

If anyone was on Clarkehouse Road last night and forgot their camera, or it didn't work at the crucial moment, or you couldn't make it to see the torch, you might be interested in

Yesterday I went Cowley road then ecclesfield up yew lane on my way home and the crowds at that time were already pretty big, I was almost tempted to pull over and wait to see it pass. Then this morning on my way into work I saw it pass me in Don valley by chance so got a good view of it afterall, it was good to see so many people coming out supporting it.

Absolutely fantastic to see everyone enjoying themselves yesterday on Eccy rd, never to be seen again in my lifetime.

If you want to re-live any of the brilliance that was the torch relay through South Yorkshire, the BBC torch relay is now available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchrelay/day38

Click on the afternoon tab of the video and watch it all over again.

Sensational stuff. Well done to everyone who supported it - I'm proud of you too.

(If anyone didn't see Ben Parkinson walk at the cenotaph in Doncaster yesterday too, then can I recommend you see that too. It's about 11:30. Truly inspirational)

Would loved to have seen it in Sheffield where I lived for over 20 years and still work but working away at the moment.

Its coming within a mile of house in Lincolnshire today but I'm working in Norwich so hopefully I will be able to catch it in Norwich next week.

Posts on this thread have made me determined to see it.

Can't find any video footage or anything actually in hillsborough park...so disapointing!

Can't find any video footage or anything actually in hillsborough park...so disapointing!

Look on Youtube, it's there.

For all you whingers I spoke to John the pram man yesterday and he's going to be in Chapeltown at 5pm on Monday and carring the Olympic torch to Ecclesfield and he told me he's doing it for Sheffield. This guy is in his seventies and walks miles every day to collect for Macmillan Cancer Trust. Moaners hang your heads in shame,. John, Sheffield is proud of you:clap::clap::clap:

The Olympics needs people like John the pram man to give it some credibility.

Why else do you think they picked him!

What ever you do, dont mention the acheivements of Dr Otto Warburg. to John, He'd have a heart attack!

I was outside ecclesfield school cheering John on. There were lots of people there and the children shouted his name and cheered for him as they released their balloons. I have a good pic of him. If someone with an account to upload pics will pm me their email address I can email them a good pic of John to put on here as I don't have photobucket or anything :)

Ah thats good to hear :-) Funnily enough I've just seen him in Hillsborough carrying the torch. Loads of people having their photo took with him. What a legend!

The Olympics needs people like John the pram man to give it some credibility.

Why else do you think they picked him!

What ever you do, dont mention the acheivements of Dr Otto Warburg. to John, He'd have a heart attack!

I am sure John would be the first to admit that the achievements of Nobel laureates are impressive however his own achievements are heartwarming, inspiring and selfless so I fail to see the need for your comment.

If anyone was on Clarkehouse Road last night and forgot their camera, or it didn't work at the crucial moment, or you couldn't make it to see the torch, you might be interested in

Brilliant video. Not far at all from where we were stood.

G :thumbsup: