Olympic Torch in Sheffield- megathread

Do you care about the olympic flame?  

358 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about the olympic flame?

• Yes - I will go to see it
    • Yes - I care but not enough to go to see it
    • No - Don't care

There is one SMALL photo of John doing his thing (linky coming shortly)... good to know that the media delight in letting those with most celebrity have all those column inches isnt it :rant:

And where the hell is any footage of John doing this run as well online?

Absolutely crap - cant find anything online as well apart from the one photo I'll be linking to shortly.

EDIT; Link - http://tinyurl.com/6vevo3h

I must admit I now owe The Star an apology. I'd rather thought he was going to have his wig on, especially as someone mentioned they'd seen him on the official bus in it. I was looking for curly green hair on the photo! So there is a little photo of him.

Does anyone know who or where where i can find out who carried the torch along from Eccy Rd to St Marys Gate last night?

I don't know who it was, but it seems odd that people from out of the area were carrying the Torch ... the woman in Hillsborough Park seems a very worthy person to be given the task, but why not let her do her relay in Nottingham, where people would be likely to know and respect her work?

Fab atmosphere around Ecco and Yew Lane except when I drove along Yew Lane a few hours later, it was a total disgrace to see all the litter left behind. (I had drove along that morning at 6.30 am and looked lovely and clean). I cant imagine why people have the urge to litter - DISGUSTING!!!!!

Does anyone know who was carrying the torch no. 139 the man in a wheelchair before Seb Coe, I understand he was in the 1948 games but cannot find out who he was?

Let's start ANOTHER torch thread.

In answer to your question, I don't have a clue!

I would blow the torch out if I saw it. Sheffield is paying, but London is making all the money as usual!:mad:

might be a party pooper , but i shudder to think about how much this is costing us all. millions of pounds wasted in a recession to watch minders in running kit following joe public for 50 yards carrying a lit flame.

cant we just crack on with lighting the main torch at the event and watching the live sheep run riot at the opening ceremony, while danny boyles halucinations take form?

what a crap year its been when this is the highlight so far for millions of people.

The torch relay is being paid for by Samsung, Lloyds TSB and Coca Cola, hence their buses at the head of the torch procession...and the branded toys for the kids to bang.

It cost me a few quid's worth of petrol to go and see Ben Parkinson in Doncaster, though. What an unbeleivably emotional experience, and something that will probably bring a tear to my eye whenever I recall it.

Plenty, I lost my dad to cancer, not that it's any of your business how much I put in.

You just can't justify the cost without coming back with a snipe?

Sorry for your loss verona, but you know I was not expecting you to actually give me a figure by asking "how much do you actually put in the kitty ?" It's what's called a rhetorical question, I don't want to know any of your business :suspect:

I do care, but don't have enought time be there. Instead, like set in the front of TV.