Olympic Torch in Sheffield- megathread

Do you care about the olympic flame?  

358 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about the olympic flame?

• Yes - I will go to see it
    • Yes - I care but not enough to go to see it
    • No - Don't care

Will it be going in front of the town hall? and does anyone know the time it will be please? I saw on the news about a special guest, does anyone know who it is?

I live near Ecclesfield,and i'm hoping i won't be the only one who shows up to cheer them as they pass by. :)

I'm not sure who the torchbearer will be though in that area,I think it might be a lovely lady who i have heard about who is visually impaired.

Well not sure whereabouts you are but John the pram man is carrying it from Chapeltown setting off at 5pm

hi where's the best place in chapeltown to see John the pram man please

its at the barrack penistone rd at 5.58 my sons carrying it then

hi where's the best place in chapeltown to see John the pram man please

Think I'm going to stand on Ecclesfield Road near bus stop just near railway bridge heading back towards Ecco. You can't miss me I'll be wearing a green wig and carrying placard supporting John which is the only reason I want to be there:D

I'm planning on taking my 6yo son to watch this evening, either down towards the bottom end of Eccesall Rd or in town. How likely are we to get parked around the West One/Fitzwilliam St area? Or would we be best to travel by bus? We're coming from Woodseats.

I'm planning on taking my 6yo son to watch this evening, either down towards the bottom end of Eccesall Rd or in town. How likely are we to get parked around the West One/Fitzwilliam St area? Or would we be best to travel by bus? We're coming from Woodseats.

Go to Hunters Bar and park nearby instead.

Will it be going in front of the town hall? and does anyone know the time it will be please? I saw on the news about a special guest, does anyone know who it is?

Seb Coe apparently

Well not sure whereabouts you are but John the pram man is carrying it from Chapeltown setting off at 5pm

That is ace he really deserves the honor.

Makes one PROUD to be thoroughly British!!!!

I suppose somebody has to be :rolleyes:

Makes one PROUD to be thoroughly British!!!!

The Olympic Torch commemorates the theft of fire from the Greek god Zeus by Prometheus. Its origins lie in ancient Greece, where a fire was kept burning throughout the celebration of the ancient Olympics. It's therefore as British as Prince Philip and almost as old.