DJ Training/tutor or course wanted

do you know what sort of music or style they want to mix?

You tube has some really good tutorial video's. If you've a basic knowledge on mixing then try them, but it does help to know the very very basics. Good luck.

Keep your head down and concentrate on all them knobs and sliders, never look up to see how the audience is reacting. That way you won't realise they've got fed up and gone somewhere else.

When I learned (I learned from a book and then the red tape studios course) it was vinyl. It probably took 6-12 months to get any sort of proficiency.

Now, its all digital and CDJ's. It's not as hard. A lot of the work is done for you. Practice everyday and learn about song selection and building a set there the main things.

When I learned (I learned from a book and then the red tape studios course) it was vinyl. It probably took 6-12 months to get any sort of proficiency.

Now, its all digital and CDJ's. It's not as hard. A lot of the work is done for you. .

What a load of tosh.

does the CDJ or digital controller trawl the internet looking for music for you?

Do they listen to a tune countless times so they know when to mix, how to mix or what little tricks to use?

Do they watch the crowd gauging reactions knowing when to drop the bass or push the mids?

It's not any easier or harder it's different :D

By the way Canz, what sort of DJing and what genre were you thinking?