DJ Training/tutor or course wanted

Does anybody know of any course that teaches you how to dj, or are there any dj's on here who would be willing to teach? Im aware of redtape studios But the course is £400 and also too late to join as it started in january. Any info or help would be appreciated. Thanks

JADE at Kiverton could possibly help you out. Sam or John are really good! Their number is in the phone book, sorry l can't give you their mobile number!

I believe they do training at Sheffield Live, based in the old Pop Museum on Paternoster Row

Edited by Rich
Removing unsafe (according to my Firewall) link

We ran a deal for a DJ course on the site. Facebook "So you wanna be a DJ?"

It was their course that we ran

Edited by snoopjiggy

You really dont need to pay someone, do what most do and i did and practice practice practice.

True, do it yourself. aslong as you know what the button's/slider's do on the mixer then it's all good.. just practice, this way you can do it your own way. dj's have different way's of mixing fading in and out track's etc. me personally i don't use the crossfader that much. i prefer using the volume to bring tracks in n out. but a dj might tell you the only way to bring a track in is to use the crossfader,.

So summary DIY. you don't need teaching you need to learn how you like to mix music

And if it's the line ing up you can't do buy a vision box. it's abit like the beat line in virtual DJ where you can physically see the beat's instead of having to just hear them, this help's some people who Ain't that good at what they do and can't distinguish beats

True, do it yourself. aslong as you know what the button's/slider's do on the mixer then it's all good.. just practice, this way you can do it your own way. dj's have different way's of mixing fading in and out track's etc. me personally i don't use the crossfader that much. i prefer using the volume to bring tracks in n out. but a dj might tell you the only way to bring a track in is to use the crossfader,.

So summary DIY. you don't need teaching you need to learn how you like to mix music

I never used the crossfader either :)

You don't need to go on a course, I had used virtual DJ for a year with no controller or anything and just learnt by watching videos on Youtube and thats how I learnt what the buttons are and what is needed.

Sheffield Live do some sort of training scheme. However you're best off getting the basics from somewhere like this then helping out other DJ's to get to know the in's and out's and then ofcourse Practice makes perfect-ish!

DJin is easy i picked it up myself been a DJ now 15 years doin the mobile seen i love it

Edited by DJNathan

I reckon a lot depends on your personality for starter. If you aren't a complete knob then forget it.