Driveway-Concrete/Block Paving/Tarmac in S5

I live in the S5 area and I am wanting my driveways tidied up and either concreted/block paved or tarmac laid. It's about 4m x 6m roughly with a little extra area at the bottom that could do with tidying up. Anybody any advice with regard to cost/best options/recommendations??

I gather tarmac is about £300 a square metre(off the internet) oil is expensive which is used to make tarmac people are using blocks nowadays or brick effect J.A.Bird 0114 589 290 but it is not a cheap job I suppose you try yourself a lot of hard work though you may save by diy from a builders merchant there are quite a few people who do mart drive jobs

have a look at our website happy to give u a free quote or advice any time

website link below thanks

Hi

Been designning and building drives/gardens for over twenty years. local Authority approved contractor for work in the highways and part of the trading standards vetted traders system. More than happy to take a look and give a free quote.

Kind regards

Brian

Hi, without seeing your drive i would estimate it would cost in the region of £1000 to £1200 to tarmac it or block pave it depending on the type of block you chose.Material wise tarmac is getting more expensive than block paving to purchase per square metre, where block paving is more time consuming so increases your cost in labour.Been in the construction business for over 25yrs and i would be prepared to give you a quote if required just contact me back.Cheers Darren.

if thats darren w a freind of elvis, then he does a very good job, if not sorry

Don't forget since Oct 08 planning permission is now required to renew or create a new driveway.

The new rules were brought in after the 2007 floods, with the theory being that every home that concretes over garden is contributing to additional new runoff into the public highways and sewer systems. I do think it is seriously out of order to apply the new rules to the renewal of existing driveways but they appear to refer to “new and replacement” equally.

Permission not needed IF :

The area is less than 5 square meters (e.g. 1m x 5m)

or

Only porous materials are used such as permeable asphalt or special porous paving blocks

or

You can control the run off of rain water into a private drain or soul boundary. Or in other words, if standing water on that new covering has nowhere to go but a public pathway or highway, then it won't be compliant.

Source: http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/pavingfrontgarden/

You might want to take a look at pavingexpert.com

Tony discusses the pros and cons of various types of surfacing.

Hi, Im new to this so unsure how to reply. Can Dazzle 66 give me a call to arrange a quote, its 07920445309, and anyone else who's able to give me a quote. Ive decided on block paving and want it done asap but I dont seem to get anybody who can commit to the job for me.

Thanks

Hi

We could resurface you existing drive with a non slip resin bound system, For a fraction of the cost. The surface is also suds compliant, If you require any more details or pictures please feel free to ask